[PDF] Trammel's Trace: The First Road to Texas from the North (Red River Valley Books, sponsored by Texas A&M University-Texarkana)
Posted on 2018-01-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Gary L. Pinkerton | Publisher: Texas A&M University Press | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 304 | ISBN: 1623494680 | ISBN13: 9781623494681 |
Description: Trammels Trace, named for Nicholas Trammell, was the first route from the United States into the northern boundaries of Spanish Texas. From the Great Bend of the Red River it intersected with El Camino Real de los Tejas in Nacogdoches. By the early nineteenth century, Trammels Trace was largely a smugglers trail that delivered horses and contraband into the region. It was a microcosm of the migration, lawlessness, and conflict that defined the period. By the 1820s, as Mexico gained independence from Spain, smuggling declined as Anglo immigration became the primary use of the trail. Familiar names such as Sam Houston, David Crockett, and James Bowie joined throngs of immigrants making passage along Trammels Trace. Indeed, Nicholas Trammell opened trading posts on the Red River and near Nacogdoches, hoping to claim a piece of Austins new colony. Austin denied Trammells entry, however, fearing his poor reputation would usher in a new wave of smuggling and lawlessness. By 1826, Trammell was pushed out of Texas altogether and retreated back to Arkansas Even so, as author Gary L. Pinkerton concludes, Trammell was more opportunist than outlaw and made the most of disorder.
Trammel's Trace: The First Road to Texas from the North (Red River Valley Books, sponsored by Texas A&M University-Texarkana).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35704
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Redefining Risk & Return: The Economic Red Phone Explained - Removed
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Here Comes The Showboat! (Ohio River Valley Series)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Japanese Prostitutes in the North American West, 1887-1920 (Emil and Kathleen Sick Book Series in Western History and Biography)
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Adventure Guide to the Champlain & Hudson River Valleys (Adventure Guides Series) (Adventure Guide to Champlain & Hudson River Valleys)
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Fashioning Authorship in the Long Eighteenth Century: Stylish Books of Poetic Genius (Palgrave Studies in the Enlightenment, Romanticism and the Cultures of Print) - Removed
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Complete Guide to the Toefl Test: IBT/E (Books Keys Audio CDs Software)
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Mustangs Over Korea: The North American F-51 at War 1950-1953 (Schiffer Book for Collectors)
- 2018-01-06[PDF] American Heart Association The Go Red For Women Cookbook: Cook Your Way to a Heart-Healthy Weight and Good Nutrition - Removed
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Fire and Brimstone: The North Butte Mining Disaster of 1917
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Black Hole Astrophysics: The Engine Paradigm (Springer Praxis Books / Astronomy and Planetary Sciences) - Removed
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Seekers: Return to the Wild #3: River of Lost Bears
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Physical Oceanography of the Baltic Sea (Springer Praxis Books / Geophysical Sciences) - Removed
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Lost Architecture of the Rio Grande Borderlands (Fronteras Series, sponsored by Texas A&M International University)
- 2017-12-15[PDF] After Lincoln: How the North Won the Civil War and Lost the Peace
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Middle Power Internationalism: The North-South Dimension
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Prestate Societies of the North Central European Plains: 600-900 CE (SpringerBriefs in Anthropology / SpringerBriefs in Human Ecology) - Removed
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Knights: Warriors of the Middle Ages (High Interest Books: Way of the Warrior)
- 2017-11-09[PDF] I Am War (The Big Red Z Book 1)
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Petroleum Geology of the North Sea: Basic Concepts and Recent Advances
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.