[PDF] Towns and Cities: Function in Form: Urban Structures, Economics and Society (Design and the Built Environment)
Posted on 2017-10-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Julian Hart | Publisher: Ashgate Publishing Company | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 180 | ISBN: 1472458559 | ISBN13: 9781472458551 |
Description: Challenging existing assumptions about how our towns and cities are structured and formed, Julian Hart provides an engaging and thought-provoking alternative theory of urban design. This is not urban design in the sense of the practice of design rather it is a theory of the structure of the town at all scales - why towns and cities happen to be structured the way they are as a result of the social, political, legal and (especially) economic forces that create them. The shape of the city at every scale, from the internal configuration of dwellings all the way up to the superstructure of the whole city, can be seen to arise from the interplay between three antagonistic socio-economic tensions. In going about our daily business and in championing particular political objectives, we collectively fashion our cities in terms of their structure and form. This leads to various new ways of understanding how and why our cities so happen to be structured the way they are. The book makes a step change from any other comparable studies by understanding our towns and cities in terms of function in form. This helps us to appreciate why every town is a recognisable town, wherever it is. Different urban environments in different parts of the world, past and present, can come to be seen according to their similarities instead of their differences. Furthermore, by appreciating how the economic influences of everyday life structure our towns and cities, we can in turn begin to understand better how the structure of towns and cities affect the quality of life of inhabitants and the cohesiveness of communities. In covering all scales from inside the home to macrostructure of the city, the book encapsulates urban or town planning and does not seek to distinguish between the various design disciplines.
Towns and Cities: Function in Form: Urban Structures, Economics and Society (Design and the Built Environment).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32777
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Law and the Built Environment (Building & Surveying Series) - Removed
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Soundscape and the Built Environment
- 2017-02-07[PDF] Law and the Built Environment (Building & Surveying Series)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Cultures of Glass Architecture (Design and the Built Environment) (Design and the Built Environment)
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Retrofitting the City: Residential Flexibility, Resilience and the Built Environment (International Library of Human Geography)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Stadium Worlds: Football, Space and the Built Environment (Architext)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Humans and the Natural Environment: The Future of Our Planet (Our Fragile Planet)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Organisations and the Business Environment
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Fractal Dimension of Architecture (Mathematics and the Built Environment) - Removed
- 2017-12-08[PDF] A Theory of General Ethics: Human Relationships, Nature, and the Built Environment (MIT Press)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] The Design of Frontier Spaces: Control and Ambiguity (Design and the Built Environment)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Grounds and Envelopes: Reshaping Architecture and the Built Environment
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Writing Spaces: Discourses of Architecture, Urbanism and the Built Environment, 1960-2000 (Architext)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Visual Pollution: Advertising, Signage and Environmental Quality (Design and the Built Environment)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Performance-Oriented Architecture: Rethinking Architectural Design and the Built Environment
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Measuring Public Space: The Star Model (Design and the Built Environment)
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Building Sustainable Futures: Design and the Built Environment - Removed
- 2017-10-26[PDF] The Politics of the Piazza: The History and Meaning of the Italian Square (Design and the Built Environment)
- 2017-04-05[PDF] Global Warming and the Built Environment
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.