[PDF] Thinking About Equations: A Practical Guide for Developing Mathematical Intuition in the Physical Sciences and Engineering
Posted on 2017-04-07, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Matt A. Bernstein | Publisher: Wiley | Category: Mathematics | Language: English | Page: 258 | ISBN: 0470186208 | ISBN13: 9780470186206 |
Description: An accessible guide to developing intuition and skills for solving mathematical problems in the physical sciences and engineering Equations play a central role in problem solving across various fields of study. Understanding what an equation means is an essential step toward forming an effective strategy to solve it, and it also lays the foundation for a more successful and fulfilling work experience. Thinking About Equations provides an accessible guide to developing an intuitive understanding of mathematical methods and, at the same time, presents a number of practical mathematical tools for successfully solving problems that arise in engineering and the physical sciences. Equations form the basis for nearly all numerical solutions, and the authors illustrate how a firm understanding of problem solving can lead to improved strategies for computational approaches. Eight succinct chapters provide thorough topical coverage, including: Approximation and estimation Isolating important variables Generalization and special cases Dimensional analysis and scaling Pictorial methods and graphical solutions Symmetry to simplify equations Each chapter contains a general discussion that is integrated with worked-out problems from various fields of study, including physics, engineering, applied mathematics, and physical chemistry. These examples illustrate the mathematical concepts and techniques that are frequently encountered when solving problems. To accelerate learning, the worked example problems are grouped by the equation-related concepts that they illustrate as opposed to subfields within science and mathematics, as in conventional treatments. In addition, each problem is accompanied by a comprehensive solution, explanation, and commentary, and numerous exercises at the end of each chapter provide an opportunity to test comprehension. Requiring only a working knowledge of basic calculus and introductory physics, Thinking About Equations is an excellent supplement for courses in engineering and the physical sciences at the upper-undergraduate and graduate levels. It is also a valuable reference for researchers, practitioners, and educators in all branches of engineering, physics, chemistry, biophysics, and other related fields who encounter mathematical problems in their day-to-day work.
Thinking About Equations: A Practical Guide for Developing Mathematical Intuition in the Physical Sciences and Engineering.pdf
Sponsored High Speed Downloads
8512 dl's @ 3352 KB/sDownload Now [Full Version]
7545 dl's @ 3014 KB/sDownload Link 1 - Fast Download
9010 dl's @ 3925 KB/sDownload Mirror - Direct Download
Search More...[PDF] Thinking About Equations: A Practical Guide for Developing Mathematical Intuition in the Physical Sciences and Engineering
Download this book
No active download links here?Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.
- Ebooks list page : 31357
- 2009-06-02Thinking About Equations: A Practical Guide for Developing Mathematical Intuition in the Physical Sciences and Engineering
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Theory Construction and Model-Building Skills: A Practical Guide for Social Scientists (Methodology in the Social Sciences)
- 2019-11-30Learning Without Fear: A Practical Toolkit for Developing Growth Mindset in the Early Years and Primary Classroom
- 2019-10-24Learning without Fear: A practical toolkit for developing growth mindset in the early years and primary classroom
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Grammar Practice Activities: A Practical Guide for Teachers (Cambridge Handbooks for Language Teachers) - Removed
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Low Vision Rehabilitation: A Practical Guide for Occupational Therapists
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Virtual Team Success: A Practical Guide for Working and Leading from a Distance
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Learning HTTP/2: A Practical Guide for Beginners
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Citrix XenDesktop Implementation: A Practical Guide for IT Professionals
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Hdl Chip Design: A Practical Guide for Designing, Synthesizing & Simulating Asics & Fpgas Using Vhdl or Verilog
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Be Money Smart: A Practical Guide for Starting Out, Starting Over & Staying on Track
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Collaborative Grant-Seeking: A Practical Guide for Librarians (Practical Guides for Librarians)
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Inspired English Teaching: A Practical Guide for Teachers
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Ordinary Differential Equations: A Practical Guide
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Indoor Radio Planning: A Practical Guide for GSM, DCS, UMTS, HSPA and LTE
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Geometry of Surfaces: A Practical Guide for Mechanical Engineers
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Mentoring in Action: A Practical Guide for Managers
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Electronic Medical Records: A Practical Guide for Primary Care (Current Clinical Practice) - Removed
No comments for "[PDF] Thinking About Equations: A Practical Guide for Developing Mathematical Intuition in the Physical Sciences and Engineering".
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.