Posted on 2017-11-12, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Timothy Polashek | Publisher: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers | Category: Encyclopedias | Language: English | Page: 708 | ISBN: 081088416X | ISBN13: 9780810884168 |
Description: The Word Rhythm Dictionary: A Resource for Writers, Rappers, Poets, and Lyricists is a new kind of dictionaryone that reflects the use of "rhythm rhymes" by rappers, poets, and songwriters of today. This is an eminently practical reference work for all wordsmiths looking to add musicality to their writing. Users of this dictionary can alphabetically look up words in the General Index to find collections of words that have the same rhythm as the original word and are readily useable in ways that are familiar to us in everything from vers libre poetry to the lyrics and music of Bob Dylan and hip hop groups. Professional writers and students have long used traditional rhyming dictionaries for inspiration by perusing lists of rhyming words they may ask themselves, "I need a word that rhymes with blue," and are led to shoe, flu, or you. These rhyming words evoke through juxtaposition new images, thoughts, and actions that inspire creative directions and pleasing twists as verses and stanzas unfold. For the first time ever, this dictionary now allows writers and poets to ask the same question, but of word rhythm "I need a word with the same rhythm as butterfly. . . . " Today's lyricists and poets know that there is so much more to the flow of their creations than just matching vowels. The Word Rhythm Dictionary organizes words by additional properties: phonetic similarity (alliteration and literary consonance), the number of syllables in words, and syllable stress patterns. Never has it been easier to locate words that feature similar sounds, matching meters, and rhythmic grooves, from traditional rhymes like "clashing" and "splashing," to near rhymes like "rollover" and "bulldozer," "unrefuted undisputed" to pure metrical matches, like "biology" and "photography." Additional appendices allow readers to search according to poetic metrical feet and musical rhythm through a visual index of notated rhythms, allowing musicians and lyricists to track down words that match preexisting motives and melodies. This book could become the new fun addiction (or... addiction affliction...constriction conviction...conniption prescription...subscription conscription) for writers, musicians, lyricists, rappers, poets, and wordsmiths alike. Oh, and it's a lot of fun just to browse!!
The Word Rhythm Dictionary: A Resource for Writers, Rappers, Poets, and Lyricists.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33404
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Skilled Facilitator: A Comprehensive Resource for Consultants, Facilitators, Coaches, and Trainers
- 2017-11-26[PDF] The ABA Cybersecurity Handbook: A Resource for Attorneys, Law Firms, and Business Professionals
- 2017-12-15[PDF] The Art of Africa: A Resource for Educators (Metropolitan Museum of Art Publications)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The HR Toolkit: An Indispensable Resource for Being a Credible Activist
- 2017-01-14[PDF] The Art of Africa: A Resource for Educators (Metropolitan Museum of Art Publications)
- 2016-12-29[PDF] The HR Toolkit: An Indispensable Resource for Being a Credible Activist
- 2020-07-02The ABA Cybersecurity Handbook: A Resource for Attorneys, Law Firms, and Business Professionals
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Art of Cardboard: Big Ideas for Creativity, Collaboration, Storytelling, and Reuse
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Cognitive Behavioral Coping Skills Workbook for PTSD: Overcome Fear and Anxiety and Reclaim Your Life
- 2018-01-22[PDF] The Good Skin Solution: Natural Healing for Eczema, Psoriasis, Rosacea and Acne
- 2018-01-20[PDF] The Small Business Banker: Your Blueprint for Building Business Credit and Taking Your Company Over the Tipping Point
- 2018-01-18[PDF] The Music Tech Dictionary: A Glossary of Audio-Related Terms and Technologies
- 2018-01-15[PDF] The Career Code: Must-Know Rules for a Strategic, Stylish, and Self-Made Career
- 2018-01-13[PDF] The New Biographical Dictionary of Film: Fifth Edition, Completely Updated and Expanded - Removed
- 2018-01-08[PDF] The XP Files: Windows' Hidden Tools for Secure Sharing, Communication, and Collaboration
- 2018-01-08[PDF] The Vanilla Bean Baking Book: Recipes for Irresistible Everyday Favorites and Reinvented Classics
- 2018-01-02[PDF] The Flexitarian Table: Inspired, Flexible Meals for Vegetarians, Meat Lovers, and Everyone in Between - Removed
- 2017-12-28[PDF] The Everything Photography Book: Foolproof techniques for taking sensational digital and 35mm pictures
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Five Dharma Types: Vedic Wisdom for Discovering Your Purpose and Destiny
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.