Posted on 2017-10-30, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Antony Black | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 184 | ISBN: 0199533202 | ISBN13: 9780199533206 |
Description: This comparative history of political thought examines what the Western and Islamic approaches to politics had in common and where they diverged. The book considers how various ancient and medieval thought-patterns did or did not lead to modern developments and how sacred monarchy, the legitimacy of the state, and the role of the people were looked upon in each culture. The author focuses on the period from the rise of Islam to the European Reformation, but his analysis extends to the main genres of political thought up to the present. He argues that until the mid-eleventh century, Europe, Islam, and the Byzantine world had more in common than is commonly thought. What made the West different was the papal revolution of the late eleventh century, Europe's twelfth-century 'renaissance', and the gradual secularization of political thought which followed. At the same time, Islam, after an early blossoming, interpreted its own revelation more and more narrowly. This volume throws light on why the West and Islam each developed their own particular kind of approach to government, politics and the state, and on why these are so different.
The West and Islam Religion and Political Thought in World History.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32929
- 2017-01-10[PDF] The West and Islam Religion and Political Thought in World History
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Cultural and Political Intersection of Fair Trade and Justice: Managing a Global Industry - Removed
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Duration And Political Nature Of The Inca Empire
- 2017-11-01[PDF] The Moral and Political Status of Children
- 2017-01-10[PDF] The Moral and Political Status of Children
- 2020-11-29Chakrabarty The Social And Political Thought Of Gandhi
- 2018-07-18The Social and Political Thought of Bertrand Russell
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Earth and Its Peoples: A Global History, Volume II: Since 1500
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Guarani and Their Missions: A Socioeconomic History
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Imperial Ideology and Political Thought in Byzantium, 1204 - 1330
- 2017-12-30[PDF] The Earth and Its Peoples: A Global History, Brief Edition, Volume II: Since 1500
- 2017-12-20[PDF] The Earth and Its Peoples: A Global History, Volume I: To 1550
- 2017-12-19[PDF] The Earth and Its Peoples A Global History, Brief Edition, Volume I: To 1550
- 2017-12-08[PDF] The Great and Holy War: How World War I Became a Religious Crusade
- 2017-12-07[PDF] The Diary and Letters of a World War I Fighter Pilot
- 2017-11-01[PDF] The Earth and Its Peoples. A Global History (5th edition)
- 2017-10-08[PDF] The Languages and Linguistics of Europe (World of Linguistics)
- 2016-12-27[PDF] The Great and Holy War: How World War I Became a Religious Crusade
- 2013-07-31Action and Contemplation: Studies in the Moral and Political Thought of Aristotle
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.