Posted on 2017-10-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Geoffrey Lloyd | Publisher: Yale University Press | Category: Medicine | Language: English | Page: 368 | ISBN: 0300092970 | ISBN13: 9780300092974 |
Description: The rich civilizations of ancient China and Greece built sciences of comparable sophistication, each based on different foundations of concept, method and organization. In this text, two scholars compare the cosmology, science and medicine of China and Greece between 400 BC and AD 200, casting light not only on the two civilizations but also on the evolving character of science. Sir Geoffrey Lloyd and Nathan Sivin investigate the differences between the thinkers in the two civilizations: what motivated them, how they understood the cosmos and the human body, how they were educated, how they made a living, and whom they argued with and why. The authors' new method integrally compares social, political and intellectual patterns and connections, demonstrating how all affected and were affected by ideas about cosmology and the physical world. They relate conceptual differences in China and Greece to the diverse ways that intellectuals in the two civilizations earned their living, interacted with fellow inquirers, and were involved with structures of authority. By AD 200 the distinctive scientific strengths of both China and Greece showed equal potential for theory and practice. Lloyd and Sivin argue that modern science evolved not out of the Greek tradition alone but from the strengths of China, Greece, India, Islam and other civilizations, which converged first in the Muslim world and then in Renaissance Europe.
The Way and the Word: Science and Medicine in Early China and Greece.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32774
- 2017-01-14[PDF] The Way and the Word: Science and Medicine in Early China and Greece
- 2012-01-02Language, Vision, and Music: Selected Papers from the 8th International Workshop on the Cognitive Science of Natural Language Processing, Galway, Ireland 1999 - International Workshop On The Cognitive Science Of Natural Language Press
- 2013-04-16The Way and the Word: Science and Medicine in Early China and Greece [Repost]
- 2012-01-10The Way and the Word: Science and Medicine in Early China and Greece - Geoffrey Lloyd
- 2012-01-07The Way and the Word: Science and Medicine in Early China and Greece - Geoffrey Lloyd
- 2012-01-02The Way and the Word: Science and Medicine in Early China and Greece - Geoffrey Lloyd
- 2009-08-06The Way and the Word: Science and Medicine in Early China and Greece
- 2009-03-01The Way and the Word: Science and Medicine in Early China and Greece
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year, Vol. 6
- 2018-01-23[PDF] The Postcolonial Science and Technology Studies Reader
- 2018-01-23[PDF] The New Science of Consciousness: Exploring the Complexity of Brain, Mind, and Self
- 2018-01-14[PDF] The Secret Science of Price and Volume: Techniques for Spotting Market Trends, Hot Sectors, and the Best Stocks
- 2017-12-09[PDF] The New Science of Psychedelics: At the Nexus of Culture, Consciousness, and Spirituality
- 2017-12-03[PDF] The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year: Volume Eight (Best SF & Fantasy of the Year)
- 2017-12-01[PDF] The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year
- 2017-11-30[PDF] The Art, Science, and Craft of Great Landscape Photography
- 2017-11-25[PDF] The Soulful Science: What Economists Really Do and Why It Matters
- 2017-11-25[PDF] The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year: Volume Nine
- 2017-11-12[PDF] The Word Rhythm Dictionary: A Resource for Writers, Rappers, Poets, and Lyricists
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.