Posted on 2018-02-01, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Timothy Brook | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 336 | ISBN: 0674046021 | ISBN13: 9780674046023 |
Description: The Mongol takeover in the 1270s changed the course of Chinese history. The Confucian empire?a millennium and a half in the making?was suddenly thrust under foreign occupation. What China had been before its reunification as the Yuan dynasty in 1279 was no longer what it would be in the future. Four centuries later, another wave of steppe invaders would replace the Ming dynasty with yet another foreign occupation. The Troubled Empire explores what happened to China between these two dramatic invasions. If anything defined the complex dynamics of this period, it was changes in the weather. Asia, like Europe, experienced a Little Ice Age, and as temperatures fell in the thirteenth century, Kublai Khan moved south into China. His Yuan dynasty collapsed in less than a century, but Mongol values lived on in Ming institutions. A second blast of cold in the 1630s, combined with drought, was more than the dynasty could stand, and the Ming fell to Manchu invaders. Against this background?the first coherent ecological history of China in this period?Timothy Brook explores the growth of autocracy, social complexity, and commercialization, paying special attention to Chinaâ€™s incorporation into the larger South China Sea economy. These changes not only shaped what China would become but contributed to the formation of the early modern world.
The Troubled Empire: China in the Yuan and Ming Dynasties (History of Imperial China).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35855
- 2017-10-29[PDF] China between Empires: The Northern and Southern Dynasties (History of Imperial China)
- 2011-07-09China between Empires: The Northern and Southern Dynasties (History of Imperial China)
- 2017-12-16[PDF] The Crown and Country: A History of England Through the Monarchy
- 2017-10-29[PDF] The Hook and Eye: A History of the Iowa Central Railway
- 2016-12-22[PDF] The Crown and Country: A History of England Through the Monarchy
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Rise and Fall of the Second Largest Empire in History: How Genghis Khan's Mongols Almost Conquered the World
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Scholar and the State: Fiction as Political Discourse in Late Imperial China
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Duration And Political Nature Of The Inca Empire
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Rise and Decline of the American 'Empire': Power and its Limits in Comparative Perspective
- 2018-01-06[PDF] The Rise and Fall of the Murdoch Empire
- 2018-01-02[PDF] The Rise and Fall of the British Empire - Removed
- 2017-12-25[PDF] The World and the West: The European Challenge and the Overseas Response in the Age of Empire
- 2017-12-17[PDF] The Assassin and the Empire (Throne of Glass)
- 2017-12-04[PDF] The President and the Assassin: McKinley, Terror, and Empire at the Dawn of the American Century - Removed
- 2017-11-29[PDF] The Rise and Fall of The Roman Empire: The Clashes of Kings and Emperors Claiming The Crown
- 2017-11-07[PDF] The Yaquis and the Empire: Violence, Spanish Imperial Power, and Native Resilience in Colonial Mexico (The Lamar Series in Western History)
- 2017-11-04[PDF] The Death and Life of Zebulon Finch, Volume One: At the Edge of Empire
- 2017-10-29[PDF] The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire (Greenwood Guides to Historic Events of the Ancient World)
- 2017-10-26[PDF] The Way and the Word: Science and Medicine in Early China and Greece
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.