Posted on 2018-01-08, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Mary Nolan | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 406 | ISBN: 0521871670 | ISBN13: 9780521871679 |
Description: This is a fascinating new overview of European-American relations during the long twentieth century. Ranging from economics, culture and consumption to war, politics and diplomacy, Mary Nolan charts the rise of American influence in Eastern and Western Europe, its mid-twentieth century triumph and its gradual erosion since the 1970s. She reconstructs the circuits of exchange along which ideas, commodities, economic models, cultural products and people moved across the Atlantic, capturing the differing versions of modernity that emerged on both sides of the Atlantic and examining how these alternately produced co-operation, conflict and ambivalence toward the other. Attributing the rise and demise of American influence in Europe not only to economics but equally to wars, the book locates the roots of many transatlantic disagreements in very different experiences and memories of war. This is an unprecedented account of the American Century in Europe that recovers its full richness and complexity.
The Transatlantic Century: Europe and America, 1890-2010.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35141
- 2013-09-14The Transatlantic Century: Europe and America, 1890- 2010 - New Approaches to European History
- 2013-09-09The Transatlantic Century: Europe and America, 1890-2010
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Transatlantic Kindergarten: Education and Women's Movements in Germany and the United States
- 2017-10-27[PDF] The Islamic Tsunami: Israel and America in the Age of Obama
- 2011-06-28Magical medicine: The folkloric component of medicine in the folk belief, custom, and ritual of the peoples of Europe and America
- 2011-05-13Rethinking the Atlantic World: Europe and America in the Age of Democratic Revolutions
- 2010-07-07The North Atlantic World in the Seventeenth Century (Europe and the World in the Age of Expansion, vol. IV)
- 2011-11-07Managing Construction and Infrastructure in the 21st Century Bureau of Reclamation
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Transatlantic Circulation of Novels Between Europe and Brazil, 1789-1914 (New Directions in Book History) - Removed
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Weimar in Exile: The Antifascist Emigration in Europe and America
- 2018-01-23[PDF] The Study of Religion and the Training of Muslim Clergy in Europe: Academic and Religious Freedom in the 21st Century (Amsterdam University Press - Leiden University Press Academic)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] The Secular State Under Siege: Religion and Politics in Europe and America
- 2018-01-19[PDF] The Cigarette Century: The Rise, Fall, and Deadly Persistence of the Product That Defined America
- 2018-01-04[PDF] The Second Disestablishment: Church and State in Nineteenth-Century America
- 2018-01-03[PDF] The Second Red Scare and the Unmaking of the New Deal Left (Politics and Society in Twentieth-Century America)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Globalized Supply Chains and U.S. Policy (America in the 21st Century: Political and Economic Issues)
- 2017-12-29[PDF] The Diversity Paradox: Immigration and the Color Line in Twenty-First Century America
- 2017-12-22[PDF] The Rye Baker: Classic Breads from Europe and America
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Taken Hostage: The Iran Hostage Crisis and America's First Encounter with Radical Islam (Politics and Society in Twentieth-Century America)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.