Posted on 2017-12-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Annika Bluhm | Category: Art related | Language: English | Page: 112 | ISBN: 0878301739 | ISBN13: 9780878301737 |
Description: Introduction In the course of compiling this book I spoke to a number of directors working in various areas of theatre, from drama schools to the National Theatre. Nearly everyone agreed that an actor's most important attribute was self-knowledge. Self-knowledge can be expressed in a variety of ways: through wit, intelligence, verbal and physical dexterity, an assertive, as opposed to an aggressive manner. There is a great difference in approach to auditioning in Britain and the United States. In America cut-throat competition has engendered a highly professional attitude. Actors tend to arrive fully prepared for an audition, on time, with well-rehearsed speeches from plays that they have taken the time to read in their entirety. In contrast directors spoke about the appalling diffidence of many actors in Britain, who arrived in no way prepared, appearing to feel that the audition was something of an imposition and that performing was the last thing in the world they wanted to do. Directors were keen to emphasize the fact that an audition is not a test but a meeting between the actor and director to assess the possibility of working together. Many felt that auditioning should be more of a two-way process and that actors should accept more power or responsibility for themselves when auditioning. In other words, actors should not be tempted to play down their own intelligence, to act according to what they think the director wants, but to see themselves as professionals... About the Author Annika Bluhm trained at the Guildhall School of Speech and Drama in London. She has worked as an actor, a literary agent, and a script editor. She is currently the development executive for a Teleivsion production company.
The Theatre Arts Audition Book for Women.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34718
- 2019-05-05The Theatre Arts Audition Book for Women
- 2019-03-18The Theatre Arts Audition Book for Women
- 2017-11-25[PDF] The Five Most Dangerous Places for Women (From the Files of Linda Fairstein Book 4)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] The Adobe Photoshop CC Book for Digital Photographers (2017 release) (Voices That Matter)
- 2018-01-04[PDF] The Recovering Heart: Emotional Sobriety for Women
- 2017-12-30[PDF] The Adobe Photoshop CS6 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Handbook of Addiction Treatment for Women: Theory and Practice
- 2017-12-04[PDF] The Little Music Theory Book for Guitar
- 2017-11-30[PDF] The Adobe Illustrator WOW! Book for CS6 and CC
- 2017-10-28[PDF] The Photoshop Elements 14 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
- 2017-10-12[PDF] The Autoimmune Connection: Essential Information for Women on Diagnosis, Treatment, and Getting On With Your Life - Removed
- 2017-02-07[PDF] The Adobe Photoshop CS6 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
- 2017-01-07[PDF] The Photoshop Elements 14 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
- 2017-01-07[PDF] The Adobe Illustrator WOW! Book for CS6 and CC
- 2016-12-29[PDF] The Autoimmune Connection: Essential Information for Women on Diagnosis, Treatment, and Getting On With Your Life
- 2018-01-20[PDF] The Ultimate Audition Book for Teens: 111 One-Minute Monologues (Young Actors Series)
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Not Tonight Dear, I Feel Fat: How to Stop Worrying About Your Body and Have Great Sex: The Sex Advice Book for Women with Body Image Issues
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Runner's World Complete Book of Women's Running: The Best Advice to Get Started, Stay Motivated, Lose Weight, Run Injury-Free, Be Safe, and Train for
- 2021-04-06The Keto Diet Book for Women Over 50
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.