[PDF] The Sunken Billions Revisited: Progress and Challenges in Global Marine Fisheries (Environment and Sustainable Development)
Posted on 2018-01-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: World Bank | Publisher: World Bank Publications | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 114 | ISBN: 1464809194 | ISBN13: 9781464809194 |
Description: This report updates previous studies that measured in economic terms the extent of biological losses attributable to overfishing globally. The new estimates assess these 'sunken billions' at $83 billion annually. The report further shows that a clear path can lead to the recovery of these considerable losses, including through significant reduction in global fishing overcapacity. A breakdown between regions is also included, showing that the effort needed to achieve this reform will not be felt equally throughout the world. While the cost of such reform will likely be high, the expected benefits include an increase in biomass by a factor of 2.7, increase in annual harvests by 13 percent, and a 30-fold increase in annual net benefits accrued to the fisheries sector (from $3 billion to $86 billion annually). This urgent call for action is reinforced by the impacts of climate change on fish stocks and fisheries worldwide.
The Sunken Billions Revisited: Progress and Challenges in Global Marine Fisheries (Environment and Sustainable Development).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35715
- 2017-11-20[PDF] The Green Revolution Revisited: Critique and Alternatives
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Green Revolution Revisited: Critique and Alternatives
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Comingled Code: Open Source and Economic Development
- 2018-01-22[PDF] The Unbound Prometheus: Technical Change and Industrial Development in Western Europe from 1750 to Present
- 2018-01-12[PDF] The Primeval Flood Catastrophe: Origins and Early Development in Mesopotamian Traditions (Oxford Oriental Monographs)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] The Unredeemed Conscience: In Psychotherapy and Spiritual Development
- 2018-01-02[PDF] The Changing Body: Health, Nutrition, and Human Development in the Western World since 1700 (New Approaches to Economic and Social History)
- 2017-12-12[PDF] The Changing Body: Health, Nutrition, and Human Development in the Western World since 1700 (Cambridge New Approaches to Economic and Social History)
- 2017-10-28[PDF] The ManuFuture Road: Towards Competitive and Sustainable High-Adding-Value Manufacturing - Removed
- 2017-01-11[PDF] The Primeval Flood Catastrophe: Origins and Early Development in Mesopotamian Traditions (Oxford Oriental Monographs)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Innovation in Life Cycle Engineering and Sustainable Development - Removed
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Natural Science Education, Indigenous Knowledge, and Sustainable Development in Rural and Urban Schools in Kenya: Toward Critical Postcolonial Curriculum Policies and Practices
- 2011-12-24Kevin Gallagher, Lyuba Zarsky - The Enclave Economy: Foreign Investment and Sustainable Development in Mexico's Silicon Valley
- 2011-12-24The Enclave Economy: Foreign Investment and Sustainable Development in Mexico's Silicon Valley
- 2017-10-09[PDF] The State of Social Progress of Islamic Societies: Social, Economic, Political, and Ideological Challenges (International Handbooks of Quality-of-Life) - Removed
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Virginia Tech Massacre: Strategies and Challenges for Improving Mental Health Policy on Campus and Beyond (Developmental Perspectives in Psychiatry)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Liability of Arbitral Institutions: Legitimacy Challenges and Functional Responses
- 2018-01-22[PDF] The Criminalisation of Migration in Europe: Challenges for Human Rights and the Rule of Law (SpringerBriefs in Law) - Removed
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Power of Renewables: Opportunities and Challenges for China and the United States
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.