Posted on 2017-11-21, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Louis Althusser | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 1 | ISBN: 185984099X |
Description: Throughout the 1960s and 1970s, Louis Althusser enjoyed virtually unrivalled status as the foremost living Marxist philosopher. Today, he is remembered as the scourge and severest critic of "humanist" or Hegelian Marxism, as the proponent of rigorously scientific socialism and as the theorist who posited a sharp rupture - an epistemological break - between the early and the late Marx. This collection of texts from the period of 1945-1953 turns these interpretations of Althusser on their head. Readers discover that there was a "young Althusser", as well as the "mature Althusser" people are already familiar with. In his Masters thesis, "On Content in the Thought of G.W.F. Hegel" (1947), Althusser developed a position which he was later to attack ferociously: namely, that the revolutionary potential of the Hegelian dialectic could be defended against Hegel's own political convervatism. Althusser is seen wrestling with the spectres of Hegel and of Catholicism in another long text, his letter to Jean Lacroix and, finally, his own "epistemological break" is shown in the piece "On Marxism" from 1953. Other texts included are his critique of Alexander Kojeve (whose interpretation Francis Fukuyama has recently revived), and his attack on the French Church's teachings on women, sex and the family. This collection not only gives an insight into the formation of this major intellectual figure, but should also restore the "unknown Althusser" to the centre of the history of Marxism and of philosophy since World War II. Louis Althusser is the author of "For Marx", "Reading Capital", "Essays in Ideology", and "Philosophy and the Spontaneous Philosophy of the Scientists".
The Spectre of Hegel: Early Writings.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33646
- 2018-09-05The Spectre of Hegel Early Writings
- 2014-01-17The Spectre Of Hegel: Early Writings (Radical Thinkers)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Oxford Handbook of Early Modern European History, 1350-1750: Volume I: Peoples and Place (Oxford Handbooks)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Ancient Novel and Early Christian and Jewish Narrative: Fictional Intersections (Ancient Narrative: Supplementum)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Man Who Came Early
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Ancient Egyptian Pyramid Texts (Writings from the Ancient World)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The American Revolution Reborn (Early American Studies)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Stanzaic Architecture of Early Greek Elegy
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Lost Road and Other Writings (The History of Middle-Earth, #5)
- 2018-01-09[PDF] The Cambridge Companion to Early Greek Philosophy (Cambridge Companions to Philosophy)
- 2018-01-06[PDF] The Cultural Geography of Early Modern Drama, 1620-1650
- 2017-12-22[PDF] The Hidden History of Early Childhood Education
- 2017-12-21[PDF] The Life Sciences in Early Modern Philosophy
- 2017-12-18[PDF] The Labor Progress Handbook: Early Interventions to Prevent and Treat Dystocia
- 2017-12-17[PDF] The Making of Copernicus: Early Modern Transformations of a Scientist and His Science (Intersections)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Mixtec Pictorial Manuscripts (Early Americas: History and Culture)
- 2017-12-12[PDF] The Value of Science: Essential Writings of Henri Poincare
- 2017-12-06[PDF] The Mediterranean Context of Early Greek History
- 2017-12-02[PDF] The Royal Touch in Early Modern England (Royal Historical Society Studies in History New Series)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.