Posted on 2017-12-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Ian Miller | Publisher: New Society Publishers | Category: Do It Yourself | Language: English | Page: 160 | ISBN: 0865718326 | ISBN13: 9780865718326 |
Description: Dreading the weekly law mow? Need to whack the weeds in your orchard? Cringing at the drudgery and incessant blare of the mower? Imagine instead long sweeps of an elegant scythe cutting your grass and pesky weeds in blissful, meditative silence. That is the power of the "scythe revolution" sweeping North America. Written by a master of the scythe, professionally trained in Austria, and drawing deeply on research into original German texts, The Scything Handbook brings centuries-old scything techniques into the twent-first century. Detailed illustrations cover scythe assembly, perfecting the stroke, blade selection, honing, peening, and aftercare, as well as background on how scythes are forged. Also covered are the basics of making hay and mulch by hand, and how to grow and harvest gains at the home and homestead scale for self-sufficiency. Scything promotes health, flexibility, mind-body connection, and a meditative contemplation of the natural world while producing beautiful lawns and luscious mulch for the modern gardener and homesteader. This is truly an heirloom tool to master. Join the scythe revolution! Ian Miller followed a career in music with a degree in Agroecology from UC Santa Cruz. During a two year stint on a biodynamic farm in Austria he learned how to scythe and delved into historic scything texts in German. He has worked for Seed Savers Exchange in Iowa and is developing a twemty-acre scythe-based homestead near Decorah, Iowa, where he grows his own grain for bread making and makes hay by hand.
The Scything Handbook: Learn How to Cut Grass, Mow Meadows and Harvest Grain with a Scythe.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34762
- 2020-08-05The Scything Handbook: Learn How to Cut Grass, Mow Meadows and Harvest Grain with a Scythe
- 2017-12-15[PDF] The Art of Connecting: How to Overcome Differences, Build Rapport, and Communicate Effectively with Anyone
- 2017-10-30[PDF] The Power of Focus: How to Hit Your Business, Personal and Financial Targets with Absolute Certainty
- 2017-10-23[PDF] The Coffeeist Manifesto: Learn How to Make Coffee YOURSELF
- 2017-10-11[PDF] The Thermogenic Diet: Learn how food can do the hard work of weight loss
- 2010-10-31The Rappers Handbook - Learn How to Rap
- 2010-10-18The Rappers Handbook - Learn How to Rap
- 2010-02-02The Rappers Handbook - Learn How to Rap
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Idea in You: How to Find It, Build It, and Change Your Life [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-10[PDF] The Declaration of You!: How to Find It, Own It and Shout It From the Rooftops - Removed
- 2018-01-08[PDF] The Agile Architecture Revolution: How Cloud Computing, REST-Based SOA, and Mobile Computing Are Changing Enterprise IT (Wiley CIO)
- 2018-01-06[PDF] The Art of Scrum: How Scrum Masters Bind Dev Teams and Unleash Agility - Removed
- 2017-12-21[PDF] The Power of Broke: How Empty Pockets, a Tight Budget, and a Hunger for Success Can Become Your Greatest Competitive Advantage [Audiobook]
- 2017-12-17[PDF] The Oxford Handbook of Post-Keynesian Economics, Volume 1: Theory and Origins
- 2017-12-14[PDF] The Improv Handbook: Ultimate Guide to Improvising in Comedy, Theatre, and Beyond
- 2017-12-11[PDF] The Splendid Table's How to Eat Supper: Recipes, Stories, and Opinions from Public Radio's Award-Winning Food Show
- 2017-12-05[PDF] The Oxford Handbook of Islamic Theology (Oxford Handbooks in Religion and Theology)
- 2017-12-04[PDF] The Art of Doing: How Superachievers Do What They Do and How They Do It So Well
- 2017-12-03[PDF] The Network Always Wins: How to Influence Customers, Stay Relevant, and Transform Your Organization to Move Faster than the Market
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.