[PDF] The School-to-Prison Pipeline: Education, Discipline, and Racialized Double Standards (Racism in American Institutions)
Posted on 2018-01-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Nancy A Heitzeg | Publisher: Praeger | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 178 | ISBN: 1440831114 | ISBN13: 9781440831119 |
Description: This book offers a research and comparison-driven look at the school-to-prison pipeline, its racial dynamics, the connections to mass incarceration, and our flawed educational climate - and suggests practical remedies for change. Provides readers with an understanding of the realities of the school-to-prison pipeline - its history, development, and racialized context and meaning - as well as the continued significance of race and other socially differentiating factors in shaping public policy and everyday decisions regarding "deviance," "discipline," and social control Examines the under-explored dynamic that places a predominantly white teaching staff in schools that are predominantly schools of color, and considers the roles that stereotypes and cultural conflicts play in the labeling of students Suggests viable options for action towards dismantling the institutionalized racism revealed by the school-to-prison pipeline via both policy reforms and transformational alternatives Presents information relevant to a range of college courses, such as education, sociology of deviance, sociology of education, youth studies, legal studies, criminal justice, and racial/ethnic studies
The School-to-Prison Pipeline: Education, Discipline, and Racialized Double Standards (Racism in American Institutions).pdf
Sponsored High Speed Downloads
8817 dl's @ 2152 KB/sDownload Now [Full Version]
7081 dl's @ 2916 KB/sDownload Link 1 - Fast Download
9112 dl's @ 2573 KB/sDownload Mirror - Direct Download
Search More...[PDF] The School-to-Prison Pipeline: Education, Discipline, and Racialized Double Standards (Racism in American Institutions)
Download this book
No active download links here?Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.
- Ebooks list page : 35642
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The School-To-Prison Pipeline: A Comprehensive Assessment
- 2023-02-14Preventing the School-to-Prison Pipeline A Public Health Approach for School Psychologists, Counselors, and Social Work
- 2023-02-12Willful Defiance The Movement to Dismantle the School-to-Prison Pipeline
- 2022-01-15Addressing Environmental and Food Justice toward Dismantling the School-to-Prison Pipeline - Removed
- 2020-04-30The School-To-Prison Pipeline: A Comprehensive Assessment
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The U.S.-Mexican Border Today: Conflict and Cooperation in Historical Perspective (Latin American Silhouettes)
- 2017-11-05[PDF] The Limits of Stabilization: Infrastructure, Public Deficits and Growth in Latin America (Latin American Development Forum)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] The School of Rome: Latin Studies and the Origins of Liberal Education
- 2017-12-20[PDF] The Spirit of the School (Continuum Studies in Education (Hardcover))
- 2012-01-13A Framework for K-12 Science Education: Practices, Crosscutting Concepts, and Core Ideas - Committee On Conceptual Framework For The New K-12 Science Education Standards
- 2023-03-30The Prescription-to-Prison Pipeline The Medicalization and Criminalization of Pain
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Exploring the Benefits of Creativity in Education, Media, and the Arts (Advances in Media, Entertainment, and the Arts)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Future of Post-Human Education: A Preface to a New Theory of Teaching and Learning
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Complete Guide to Special Education: Expert Advice on Evaluations, IEPs, and Helping Kids Succeed (Second Edition)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The School of Essential Ingredients [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-12[PDF] The Transformation of Global Higher Education, 1945-2015 (African Histories and Modernities) - Removed
- 2018-01-12[PDF] The Palgrave International Handbook of Education for Citizenship and Social Justice - Removed
- 2018-01-01[PDF] The School Psychologist's Survival Guide (Jossey-Bass Teacher Survival Guide)
- 2018-01-01[PDF] The School of History: Athens in the Age of Socrates
No comments for "[PDF] The School-to-Prison Pipeline: Education, Discipline, and Racialized Double Standards (Racism in American Institutions)".
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.