[PDF] The School of Rome: Latin Studies and the Origins of Liberal Education
Posted on 2018-01-18, by luongquocchinh.
Author: W. Martin Bloomer | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 294 | ISBN: 0520255763 | ISBN13: 9780520255760 |
Description: This fascinating cultural and intellectual history focuses on education as practiced by the imperial age Romans, looking at what they considered the value of education and its effect on children. W. Martin Bloomer details the processes, exercises, claims, and contexts of liberal education from the late first century BCE to the third century CEâ€”the epoch of rhetorical education. He examines the adaptation of Greek institutions, methods, and texts by the Romans, and traces the Romansâ€™ own history of education. Bloomer argues that while Romeâ€™s enduring educational legacy includes the seven liberal arts and a canon of school texts, its practice of competitive displays of reading, writing, and reciting were intended to instill in the young social as well as intellectual ideas.
The School of Rome: Latin Studies and the Origins of Liberal Education.pdf
Sponsored High Speed Downloads
6926 dl's @ 3434 KB/sDownload Now [Full Version]
9366 dl's @ 2072 KB/sDownload Link 1 - Fast Download
8325 dl's @ 3527 KB/sDownload Mirror - Direct Download
Search More...[PDF] The School of Rome: Latin Studies and the Origins of Liberal Education
Download this book
No active download links here?Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.
- Ebooks list page : 35429
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Origins of Detente: The Genoa Conference and Soviet-Western Relations, 1921-1922 (Cambridge Russian, Soviet and Post-Soviet Studies)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Origins of Organ Transplantation: Surgery and Laboratory Science, 1880-1930 (Rochester Studies in Medical History)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] The Origins and Nature of Scandinavian Central Banking (Palgrave Macmillan Studies in Banking and Financial Institutions) - Removed
- 2018-01-06[PDF] The Origins of International Investment Law: Empire, Environment and the Safeguarding of Capital (Cambridge Studies in International and Comparative Law)
- 2018-01-04[PDF] The Origins and Foundations of Music Education: Cross-Cultural Historical Studies of Music in Compulsory Schooling
- 2017-12-29[PDF] The Origins of the Urban Crisis: Race and Inequality in Postwar Detroit (Princeton Studies in American Politics: Historical, International, and Comparative Perspectives)
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Thresholds of Illiteracy: Theory, Latin America, and the Crisis of Resistance (Just Ideas (FUP))
- 2017-11-03[PDF] The Politics of American Education (Sociocultural, Political, and Historical Studies in Education)
- 2017-04-09[PDF] The Origins of the Choson Dynasty (Korean Studies of the Henry M. Jackson School of International Studies)
- 2017-02-17[PDF] The Politics of American Education (Sociocultural, Political, and Historical Studies in Education)
- 2017-01-14[PDF] The Origins of the Choson Dynasty (Korean Studies of the Henry M. Jackson School of International Studies)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Origins of the Slavic Nations: Premodern Identities in Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Instruction Grammar (Trends in Linguistics. Studies and Monographs [Tilsm])
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Experiencing School Mathematics: Teaching Styles, Sex, and Setting
- 2018-01-17[PDF] The Origins of the Arts Council Movement: Philanthropy and Policy (New Directions in Cultural Policy Research) - Removed
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Origins of Mexican Catholicism: Nahua Rituals and Christian Sacraments in Sixteenth-Century Mexico (History, Languages, and Cultures of the Spanish and Portuguese Worlds) [Spanish]
- 2018-01-15[PDF] The Sociology of Mathematics Education: Mathematical Myths / Pedagogic Texts (Studies in Mathematics Education)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] The Origins and Roles of Instrumental Music in the Operas of Richard Strauss: From Concert Hall to Opera House
- 2018-01-08[PDF] The Origins and Organization of Unconscious Conflict: The Selected Works of Martin S. Bergmann (World Library of Mental Health)
No comments for "[PDF] The School of Rome: Latin Studies and the Origins of Liberal Education".
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.