Posted on 2017-12-21, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Peter Garnsey, Richard P Saller | Category: History | Language: English | ISBN: 1472524020 | ISBN13: 9781472524027 |
Description: "During the Principate (roughly from 27 BC to AD ), when the empire reached its maximum extent, Roman society and culture were radically transformed. But how was the vast territory of the empire controlled? Did the demands of central government stimulate economic growth or endanger survival? What forces of cohesion operated to balance the social and economic inequalities and high mortality rates? How did the official religion react in the face of the diffusion of alien cults and the emergence of Christianity? These are some of the many questions posed here, in an expanded edition of the original, pathbreaking account of the society, economy and culture of the Roman empire. As an integrated study of the life and outlook of the life and outlook of the ordinary inhabitants of the Roman world, it deepens our understanding of the underlying factors in this important formative period of world history. Additions to the second edition include an introductory chapter which sets the scene and explores the consequences for government and the governing classes of the replacement of the Republic by the rule of emperors. A second extra chapter assesses how far Rome's subjects resisted her hegemony. Addenda to the chapters throughout offer up-to-date bibliography and discussion of the state of the question, and point to new evidence and approaches which have enlivened Roman history in recent decades" Table of contents : Introducing the principate A Mediterranean empire, addendum Government without bureaucracy, addendum Enemies of Rome by M. Goodman, addendum by M. Goodman An underdeveloped economy, addendum The land, addendum Supplying the Roman empire, addendum The social hierarchy, addendum Family and household, addendum Social relations, addendum Religion, addendum by R.L. Gordon Culture, addendum by J. Elsner and G. Woolf Conclusion.
The Roman Empire: Economy, Society and Culture.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34583
- 2017-12-11[PDF] The Roman Empire: Economy, Society and Culture.
- 2020-06-30The Roman Empire: Economy, Society and Culture Ed 2
- 2019-01-15The Roman Empire Economy, Society and Culture, 2 edition
- 2019-01-10The Roman Empire Economy, Society and Culture, 2 edition
- 2018-12-20The Roman Empire Economy, Society and Culture, 2 edition
- 2011-11-20End of Millennium: The Information Age: Economy, Society, and Culture Volume III (Information Age Series)
- 2010-12-18M. Castells - The Rise of the Network Society, With a New Preface: vol. I: The Information Age: Economy, Society, and Culture
- 2010-05-04End of Millennium: The Information Age: Economy, Society, and Culture (Volume III)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Roman Empire and the Silk Routes: The Ancient World Economy and the Empires of Parthia, Central Asia and Han China
- 2018-01-02[PDF] The Politics of Munificence in the Roman Empire: Citizens, Elites and Benefactors in Asia Minor (Greek Culture in the Roman World)
- 2017-12-06[PDF] The Roman Empire and the Indian Ocean: The Ancient World Economy and the Kingdoms of Africa, Arabia and India
- 2011-10-11College of Chinese Language and Culture, ' (Mandarin Chinese Language), Book 1
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Roman Agricultural Economy: Organization, Investment, and Production (Oxford Studies on the Roman Economy)
- 2017-11-17[PDF] The Roman Empire and the Dark Ages (History of Everyday Things)
- 2017-10-23[PDF] The Most Musical Nation: Jews and Culture in the Late Russian Empire [Russian]
- 2017-01-14[PDF] The Most Musical Nation: Jews and Culture in the Late Russian Empire [Russian]
- 2022-04-01The War That Made the Roman Empire Antony, Cleopatra, and Octavian at Actium by Barry Strauss
- 2022-03-24The War That Made the Roman Empire Antony, Cleopatra, and Octavian at Actium
- 2021-07-31After the Black Death Economy, Society, and the Law in Fourteenth-century England
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.