Posted on 2017-10-29, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Scott Plous | Category: Psychology | Language: English | Page: 352 | ISBN: 0070504776 |
Description: Americans are faced with a bewildering array of choices. In this lively introduction to psychological research on how people make decisions, Scott Plous focuses on the social aspects of decision making and includes everyday examples from medicine, law, business, education, and nuclear arms control, among other areas. Intended for nonspecialists, this book highlights experimental findings rather than psychological theory and presents information in descriptive prose rather than through mathematics. A unique feature of the volume is the "Reader Survey" that precedes the first chapter. Readers are asked to answer questions that are taken from studies discussed later in the book. This brief (and entertaining) exercise allows readers to compare their answers with the responses people gave in the original studies and to better understand their own processes of choosing. In a comprehensive yet nontechnical presentation, Plous explores the building blocks of judgment and decision making: perception, memory, context, and question format. He contrasts historical models of decision making with recent models that take into account various biases in judgment. In addition, the author examines judgments made by and about groups and discusses common traps in judgment and decision making. Not only does he suggest ways to improve decision making, but he offers the following pledge to readers not yet familiar with research on judgment and decision making: "By judiciously applying the results described in this book, you should be better able to avoid decision biases, errors, and traps, and you will better understand the decisions made by other people."
The Psychology of Judgement and Decision making.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32885
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Rational Choice in an Uncertain World: The Psychology of Judgment and Decision Making
- 2011-09-28Rational Choice in an Uncertain World: The Psychology of Judgment and Decision Making
- 2011-09-09The Psychology of Judgment and Decision Making - Removed
- 2011-01-20The Psychology of Judgment and Decision Making (Repost)
- 2009-08-11[request]The Psychology of Judgment and Decision Making
- 2008-12-04The Psychology of Judgment and Decision Making - Removed
- 2008-11-02The Psychology of Judgment and Decision Making - Removed
- 2019-03-04The Developmental Psychology of Reasoning and Decision-Making
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Bank Funding, Financial Instruments and Decision-Making in the Banking Industry (Palgrave Macmillan Studies in Banking and Financial Institutions) - Removed
- 2017-12-28[PDF] The Poetics of Consent: Collective Decision Making and the Iliad - Removed
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The Science of Giving: Experimental Approaches to the Study of Charity (The Society for Judgment and Decision Making Series)
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Mastering Data-Intensive Collaboration and Decision Making: Research and practical applications in the Dicode project (Studies in Big Data)
- 2017-11-03[PDF] On Science, Inference, Information and Decision-Making: Selected Essays in the Philosophy of Science (Synthese Library) (Volume 271) - Removed
- 2021-01-06Stalking the Black Swan Research and Decision Making in a World of Extreme Volatility
- 2020-12-01Stalking the Black Swan: Research and Decision Making in a World of Extreme Volatility
- 2019-08-25Thinking Psychological Perspective on Reasoning, Judgement and Decision Making
- 2018-02-02[PDF] The Psychology of Consumer and Social Influence: Theory and Research (Psychology Research Progress)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] The Manual of Strategic Economic Decision Making: Using Bayesian Belief Networks to Solve Complex Problems - Removed
- 2018-01-07[PDF] The Psychology of Learning and Motivation, Volume 51: Advances in Research and Theory (Psychology of Learning & Motivation)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.