Posted on 2018-01-14, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Fabian Muniesa | Publisher: Routledge | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 170 | ISBN: 0415857139 | ISBN13: 9780415857130 |
Description: Do things such as performance indicators, valuation formulas, consumer tests, stock prices or financial contracts represent an external reality? Or do they rather constitute, in a performative fashion, what they refer to? The Provoked Economy tackles this question from a pragmatist angle, considering economic reality as a ceaselessly provoked reality. It takes the reader through a series of diverse empirical sites from public administrations to stock exchanges, from investment banks to marketing facilities and business schools in order to explore what can be seen from such a demanding standpoint. It demonstrates that descriptions of economic objects do actually produce economic objects and that the simulacrum of an economic act is indeed a form of realization. It also shows that provoking economic reality means facing practical tests in which what ought to be economic or not is subject to elaboration and controversy. This book opens paths for empirical investigation in the social sciences, but also for the philosophical renewal of the critique of economic reality. It will be useful for students and scholars in social theory, sociology, anthropology, philosophy and economics.
The Provoked Economy: Economic Reality and the Performative Turn (CRESC).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35307
- 2016-12-24The Provoked Economy Economic Reality and the Performative Turn by Fabian Muniesa
- 2019-01-31The Libyan Economy Economic Diversification and International Repositioning - Removed
- 2019-01-15The Libyan Economy Economic Diversification and International Repositioning - Removed
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Planning Armageddon: British Economic Warfare and the First World War
- 2013-12-06The Ethics of Embryo Adoption and the Catholic Tradition: Moral Arguments, Economic Reality and Social Analysis
- 2010-02-21The Libyan Economy: Economic Diversification and International Repositioning
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Socratic Turn: Knowledge of Good and Evil in an Age of Science (Haney Foundation Series)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Complexity Turn: Cultural, Management, and Marketing Applications - Removed
- 2017-12-25[PDF] The Analytic Turn: Analysis in Early Analytic Philosophy and Phenomenology (Routledge Studies in Twentieth Century Philosophy)
- 2017-12-23[PDF] The Sociological Turn in Translation and Interpreting Studies (Benjamins Current Topics)
- 2017-11-26[PDF] The Tarskian Turn: Deflationism and Axiomatic Truth
- 2017-11-25[PDF] The Metareferential Turn in Contemporary Arts and Media. (Studies in Intermediality)
- 2017-11-19[PDF] The Ethical Turn: Otherness and Subjectivity in Contemporary Psychoanalysis (Relational Perspectives Book Series)
- 2017-10-07[PDF] The Argumentative Turn in Policy Analysis and Planning
- 2017-10-03[PDF] The Speculative Turn: Continental Materialism and Realism
- 2017-02-14[PDF] The Analytic Turn: Analysis in Early Analytic Philosophy and Phenomenology (Routledge Studies in Twentieth Century Philosophy)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] The Tarskian Turn: Deflationism and Axiomatic Truth
- 2020-11-23From Free Port to Modern Economy: Economic Development and Social Change in Penang, 1969 to 1990
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Affective Turn: Theorizing the Social
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.