Posted on 2018-01-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Christiane Donahue: Kelly Blewett | Publisher: Dartmouth | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 160 | ISBN: 1611687624 | ISBN13: 9781611687620 |
Description: At the 1966 Dartmouth Seminar, scholars gathered to debate the direction of English Studies in the academy. This debate had far-reaching effects and arguably forever changed writing instruction in the United States. To commemorate the 45th anniversary of this gathering, Dartmouth College hosted an event both celebrating the past and looking toward the future. Then as now, there is this simple truth: writing well matters, and it matters in institutions of higher education across disciplines. Yet what it means to be a good writer in the academy and in the public sphere remains a site of controversy and discussion. The Power of Writing: Dartmouth '66 in the Twenty-First Century argues that any discussion of why writing well matters should extend beyond composition and rhetoric scholars to capture the knowledge that outstanding teachers and writers themselves put to work every day. The editors have brought together scholars and public intellectuals (including New York Times best-selling authors David McCullough and Steve Strogatz) from the sciences, social sciences, humanities, and interdisciplinary fields to engage in a dialogue about some of the controversial questions related to writing today. Readers will engage with questions about what it means to write well and how different answers affect the teaching and learning of writing in higher education. Each anchor article - representing disciplines as varied as musicology, African studies, mathematics, and history - receives responses from Dartmouth faculty and nationally renowned faculty members in writing studies programs. This timely and wide-ranging collection will have appeal far beyond writing instructors and is specifically designed for readers across disciplines.
The Power of Writing: Dartmouth '66 in the Twenty-First Century.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35683
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Twenty-first Century African American Novel and the Critique of Whiteness in Everyday Life: Blackness as Strategy for Social Change
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Twenty-First-Century Media Industry: Economic and Managerial Implications in the Age of New Media (Studies in New Media)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] The Twenty-First Century Commercial Space Imperative - Removed
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Power of Writing: Dartmouth '66 in the Twenty-First Century
- 2020-05-12The Power of Writing: Dartmouth '66 in the Twenty-First Century
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Globalization, Wealth, and Power in the Twenty-first Century - Removed
- 2018-01-03[PDF] The Wealth of Humans: Work, Power, and Status in the Twenty-first Century - Removed
- 2017-12-20[PDF] The Heart of War: On Power, Conflict and Obligation in the Twenty-first Century
- 2017-12-16[PDF] War and Power in the Twenty-First Century: The State, Military Power and the International System (Themes for the 21st Century Series)
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Senior Power or Senior Peril: Aged Communities and American Society in the Twenty-First Century (Social Logic of Politics)
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Writing Celebrity: Stein, Fitzgerald, and the Modern(ist) Art of Self-Fashioning (American Literature Readings in the Twenty-First Century) - Removed
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Writing As Enlightenment: Buddhist American Literature into the Twenty-first Century (Suny Series in Buddhism and American Culture)
- 2017-02-14[PDF] The Heart of War: On Power, Conflict and Obligation in the Twenty-first Century
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Writing Celebrity: Stein, Fitzgerald, and the Modern(ist) Art of Self-Fashioning (American Literature Readings in the Twenty-First Century)
- 2020-11-23Environment, Power, and Society for the Twenty First Century: The Hierarchy of Energy [MOBI]
- 2020-05-07Senior Power or Senior Peril: Aged Communities and American Society in the Twenty-First Century (Social Logic of Politics)
- 2019-11-21Landscapes of Power: Politics of Energy in the Navajo Nation (New Ecologies for the Twenty-First Century)
- 2019-07-25* (Admirable) - Why You Should Read This Is an Uprising: How Nonviolent Revolt Is Shaping the Twenty-First Century by Mark Engler Online or Download [*MOBI *PDF *EPUB]
- 2019-07-25* (Admirable) - Why You Should Read Nomadland: Surviving America in the Twenty-First Century by Jessica Bruder Online or Download [*MOBI *PDF *EPUB]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.