Posted on 2018-01-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: W. A. Wagenaar | Publisher: Amsterdam University Press | Category: Psychology | Language: English | Page: 286 | ISBN: 9053567631 | ISBN13: 9789053567630 |
Description: The role of psychologists, both in the courtroom and at the crime scene, is rapidly expanding. Surveying a wide range of international court cases, The Popular Policeman and Other Cases explores the criticaland often misunderstoodintersection of psychology and law. The authors, both expert psychologists with extensive experience in the courtroom, are quite familiar with the fundamental differences between the law and psychology as an empirical science. As well as dealing with well-known and controversial issues such as recovered memories or false confessions, The Popular Policeman and Other Cases examines a variety of less traditional criminal topics, including illegal gambling, trademark litigation, and the perils of risky courtship behavior. Each chapter reviews an actual case, appraises the relevant scientific research, and then demonstrates how psychological insights were introduced within the courtroom. The authors conclude by noting the outcome of each caseand how their research played a role in the decision. With its detailed investigation of the complex links between psychological research and its eventual application in the courtroom, The Popular Policeman and Other Cases fills a critical vacancy. It is virtually impossible for researchers to make significant progress within the field of law and psychology without experience as expert witnesses in actual trials. This casebook will be essential for their studies.
The Popular Policeman and Other Cases: Psychological Perspectives on Legal Evidence.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35661
- 2009-06-11The Popular Policeman and Other Cases: Psychological Perspectives on Legal Evidence
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Rocket Man: And Other Extraordinary Characters in the History of Flight
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Enchanted Wanderer: and Other Stories.
- 2018-01-22[PDF] The Turnip Princess and Other Newly Discovered Fairy Tales
- 2018-01-22[PDF] The Frog Prince And Other Stories (Illustrated Edition)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Perfect Egg: and Other Secrets
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Great Fog and Other Weird Tales
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Golden Key: And Other Fairy Tales from the Brothers Grimm
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Lost Road and Other Writings (The History of Middle-Earth, #5)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] The Booby Trap and Other Bits and Boobs
- 2018-01-14[PDF] The Abilene Paradox and Other Meditations on Management
- 2018-01-14[PDF] The Carrot Purple and Other Curious Stories of the Food We Eat (Rowman & Littlefield Studies in Food and Gastronomy)
- 2018-01-01[PDF] The Unexpected Hanging and Other Mathematical Diversions
- 2017-12-20[PDF] The Disappearing Spoon: And Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History of the World from the Periodic Table of the Elements
- 2017-12-20[PDF] The Emerald City: And Other Essays on the Architectural Imagination
- 2017-12-16[PDF] The Dragon, Fly, and other flights of fancy
- 2017-12-12[PDF] The Lobster Theory (and other analogies for jazz improvisation)
- 2017-12-10[PDF] The Peripatetic Coffin and Other Stories
- 2017-12-09[PDF] The Bible Repairman and Other Stories
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.