Posted on 2018-01-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: William Cross and Jean-Benoit Pilet | Publisher: Oxford University Press | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 200 | ISBN: 0198748981 | ISBN13: 9780198748984 |
Description: Making use of a unique data set that includes more than 1000 leadership elections from over 100 parties in 14 countries over an almost 50 year period, this volume provides the first comprehensive, comparative examination of how parties choose their leaders and the impact of the different decisions they make in this regard. Among the issues examined are how leaders are chosen, the factors that result in parties changing their selection rules, how the rules affect the competitiveness of leadership elections, the types of leaders chosen, the impact of leadership transition on electoral outcomes, the factors affecting the length of leadership tenures, and how leadership tenures come to an end This volume is situated in the literature on intra-party decision making and party organizational reform and makes unique and important contributions to our understanding of these areas. The analysis includes parties in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Norway, and the United Kingdom. Comparative Politics is a series for students, teachers, and researchers of political science that deals with contemporary government and politics. Global in scope, books in the series are characterised by a stress on comparative analysis and strong methodological rigour.
The Politics of Party Leadership: A Cross-National Perspective (Comparative Politics).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35717
- 2018-01-20[PDF] The Aging Body in Dance: A cross-cultural perspective
- 2017-12-17[PDF] The Relative Risks of School Travel: A National Perspective and Guidance for Local Community Risk Assessment (Special Report (National Research Council (U S) Transportation Research Board))
- 2017-01-19[PDF] The Relative Risks of School Travel: A National Perspective and Guidance for Local Community Risk Assessment (Special Report (National Research Council (U S) Transportation Research Board))
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Turkish AK Party and its Leader: Criticism, opposition and dissent (Routledge Studies in Middle Eastern Politics)
- 2017-10-05[PDF] The Invention of Party Politics: Federalism, Popular Sovereignty, and Constitutional Development in Jacksonian Illinois
- 2011-11-21The Politics of Child Sexual Abuse: Emotion, Social Movements, and the State
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Politics of Expertise: Competing for Authority in Global Governance (Configurations: Critical Studies of World Politics)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Politics of Misrecognition (Rethinking Political and International Theory)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Politics of Islamic Law: Local Elites, Colonial Authority, and the Making of the Muslim State
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Politics of the Past in an Argentine Working-Class Neighbourhood (Anthropological Horizons)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Politics of Bitcoin: Software as Right-Wing Extremism (Forerunners: Ideas First)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Politics of Policy in Boys' Education: Getting Boys 'Right' - Removed
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Politics of American Actor Training (Routledge Advances in Theatre & Performance Studies)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Politics of Equity Finance in Emerging Markets
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Politics of Policing in Greater China (Politics and Development of Contemporary China) - Removed
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The Politics and Perils of Space Exploration: Who Will Compete, Who Will Dominate? (Springer Praxis Books) - Removed
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The Politics of Language: Conflict, Identity, and Cultural Pluralism in Comparative Perspective
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Politics of Pact-Making: Hungary's Negotiated Transition to Democracy in Comparative Perspective (Political Evolution and Institutional Change) - Removed
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Politics of Everyday Life in Fascist Italy: Outside the State? (Italian and Italian American Studies) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.