[PDF] The Political Economy of Hurricane Katrina and Community Rebound (New Thinking in Political Economy)
Posted on 2018-01-13, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Emily Chamlee-Wright, Virgil Henry Storr | Publisher: Edward Elgar Pub | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 255 | ISBN: 1848442386 | ISBN13: 9781848442382 |
Description: In 2005 Hurricane Katrina posed an unprecedented set of challenges to formal and informal systems of disaster response and recovery. Informed by the Virginia School of Political Economy, the contributors to this volume critically examine the public policy environment that led to both successes and failures in the post-Katrina disaster response and long-term recovery. Building from this perspective, this volume lends critical insight into the nature of the social coordination problems disasters present, the potential for public policy to play a positive role, and the inherent limitations policymakers face in overcoming the myriad challenges that are a product of catastrophic disaster. Soon after Hurricane Katrina wreaked its havoc, the Mercatus Center at George Mason University launched the Gulf Coast Recovery Project. The project assembled a team of researchers to examine the capacity within political, economic, and civic life to foster robust response and recovery. Building off of both quantitative and qualitative analysis, the contributors to this volume seek to understand the recovery process from the ground up from the perspective of first-responders, residents, business-owners, non-profit directors, musicians, teachers and school administrators, and how ordinary citizens respond to the formal and informal rules of the post-disaster policy context. Personal, political and poignant, The Political Economy of Hurricane Katrina and Community Rebound will appeal to economists interested in the political economy of disaster and disaster recovery, disaster specialists, and general readers interested in the challenges those affected by Hurricane Katrina have faced and are facing and their prospects for recovering from the 2005 disaster.
The Political Economy of Hurricane Katrina and Community Rebound (New Thinking in Political Economy).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35278
- 2016-12-22The Political Economy of Hurricane Katrina and Community Rebound
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The Italian American Table: Food, Family, and Community in New York City [Italian]
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Eco-Home Design Guide: Principles and Practice for New-Build and Retrofit (Sustainable Building)
- 2017-11-11[PDF] The Processes of Defense: Trauma, Drives, and Reality A New Synthesis
- 2020-07-10The Italian American Table Food, Family, and Community in New York City
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Political Economy of Financing Scottish Government: Considering a New Constitutional Settlement for Scotland (Studies in Fiscal Federalism and State-Local Finance)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Political Economy of Public Debt: Three Centuries of Theory and Evidence (New Thinking in Political Economy series)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Political Economy of Liberation: Thomas Sowell and James Cone on the Black Experience
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Political Economy of Trade Finance: Export Credit Agencies, the Paris Club and the IMF (Routledge Frontiers of Political Economy)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] The Political Economy of Global Remittances: Gender, Governmentality and Neoliberalism (RIPE Series in Global Political Economy)
- 2018-01-19[PDF] The Political Economy of Slavery: Studies in the Economy and Society of the Slave South (Wesleyan Paperback)
- 2018-01-06[PDF] The Political Economy of the American Frontier (Political Economy of Institutions and Decisions)
- 2017-12-22[PDF] The Political Economy of U.S. Monetary Policy: How the Federal Reserve Gained Control and Uses It
- 2017-12-22[PDF] The Political Economy of NATO: Past, Present and into the 21st Century
- 2017-12-21[PDF] The Political Economy of Protection: Theory and the Chilean Experience (Social Science History)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] The Political Economy of Destructive Power (New Horizons in Institutional and Evolutionary Economics)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Political Economy of Affect and Emotion in East Asia (Asia's Transformations)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Breach of Faith: Hurricane Katrina and the Near Death of a Great American City
- 2017-11-27[PDF] The Science of Wealth: Adam Smith and the framing of political economy (Routledge Studies in the History of Economics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.