Posted on 2017-02-16, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Jie Yang | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 272 | ISBN: 0415709709 | ISBN13: 9780415709705 |
Description: When thinking about the culture and economy of East Asia, many attribute to the region a range of dispositions, including a preference for consensus and social harmony, loyalty and respect towards superiors and government, family values, collectivism, and communitarianism. Affect is central to these concepts, and yet the role of affect and its animated or imagined potentialities in the political economy of East Asia has not been systematically studied. The book examines the affective dimensions of power and economy in East Asia. It illuminates the dynamics of contemporary governance, and ways of overcoming common Western assumptions about East Asian societies. Here, affect is defined as felt quality that gives meaning and imagination to social, political, and economic processes, and as this book demonstrates, it can provide an analytical tool for a nuanced and enriched analysis of social, political, and economic transformations in East Asia. Through ethnographic and media analyses, this book provides a framework for analyzing emerging phenomena in East Asia, such as happiness promotion, therapeutic governance, the psychologization of social issues, the rise of self-help genres, transnational labor migration, new ideologies of gender and the family, and mass-mediated affective communities. Through the lens of affect theory, the contributors explore changing political configurations, economic engagements, modes of belonging, and forms of subjectivity in East Asia, and use ethnographic research and discourse analysis to illustrate the affective dimensions of state and economic power and the way affect informs and inspires action. This interdisciplinary book will be of great interest to students and scholars of Asian studies, anthropology, sociology, media studies, history, cultural studies, and gender and womenâ€™s studies.
The Political Economy of Affect and Emotion in East Asia (Asia's Transformations).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 31044
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Political Economy of Affect and Emotion in East Asia (Asia's Transformations)
- 2020-04-26The Political Economy of Affect and Emotion in East Asia (Asia's Transformations)
- 2019-05-10The Political Economy of Affect and Emotion in East Asia
- 2017-10-29[PDF] The Political Economy of Innovation and Entrepreneurship: From Theories to Practice
- 2011-09-04Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy
- 2011-05-19Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy: Report of a Symposium
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Political Economy of Financing Scottish Government: Considering a New Constitutional Settlement for Scotland (Studies in Fiscal Federalism and State-Local Finance)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Political Economy of Public Debt: Three Centuries of Theory and Evidence (New Thinking in Political Economy series)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Political Economy of Liberation: Thomas Sowell and James Cone on the Black Experience
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Political Economy of Trade Finance: Export Credit Agencies, the Paris Club and the IMF (Routledge Frontiers of Political Economy)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] The Political Economy of Global Remittances: Gender, Governmentality and Neoliberalism (RIPE Series in Global Political Economy)
- 2018-01-19[PDF] The Political Economy of Slavery: Studies in the Economy and Society of the Slave South (Wesleyan Paperback)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] The Political Economy of Hurricane Katrina and Community Rebound (New Thinking in Political Economy)
- 2018-01-06[PDF] The Political Economy of the American Frontier (Political Economy of Institutions and Decisions)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] State Structure, Policy Formation, and Economic Development in Southeast Asia: The Political Economy of Thailand and the Philippines (Routledge Studies in the Growth Economies of Asia)
- 2017-12-22[PDF] The Political Economy of U.S. Monetary Policy: How the Federal Reserve Gained Control and Uses It
- 2017-12-22[PDF] The Political Economy of NATO: Past, Present and into the 21st Century
- 2017-12-21[PDF] The Political Economy of Protection: Theory and the Chilean Experience (Social Science History)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] The Political Economy of Destructive Power (New Horizons in Institutional and Evolutionary Economics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.