Posted on 2017-12-05, by luongquocchinh.
Author: David Harsanyi | Publisher: Regnery Publishing | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 230 | ISBN: 1621572021 | ISBN13: 9781621572022 |
Description: Democracy may be one of the most admired ideas ever concocted, but what if its also one of the most harebrained? After many years of writing about democracy for a living, David Harsanyi has concluded that its the most overrated, overused, and misunderstood idea in political life. The less we have of it the better. Democracy is not synonymous with freedom. It is not the opposite of tyranny. In fact, the Founding Fathers knew that democracy can lead to tyranny. Thats why they built so many safeguards against it into the Constitution. Democracy, Harsanyi argues, has made our government irrational, irresponsible, and invasive. It has left the American people with only two optionsdomination by the majority or a government that cant possibly work. The modern age has imbued democracy with the mystique of infallibility. But Harsanyi reminds us that the vast majority of political philosophers, including the founders, have thought that responsible, limited government based on direct majority rule over a large, let alone continental scale was a practical impossibility. In The People Have Spoken, youll learn: Why the Framers of our Constitution were intent on establishing a republic, not a democracy How democracy undermines self-government How shockingly out of touch with reality most voters really are Why democracy is an economic wrecking balland an invitation to a politics of envy and corruption How the great political philosophers from Plato and Aristotle to Burke and Tocqueville predicted with uncanny accuracy that democracy could lead to tyranny
The People Have Spoken (and They Are Wrong): The Case Against Democracy.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34085
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Case against Fluoride: How Hazardous Waste Ended Up in Our Drinking Water and the Bad Science and Powerful Politics That Keep It There
- 2017-12-21[PDF] The Case Against Israel's Enemies: Exposing Jimmy Carter and Others Who Stand in the Way of Peace - Removed
- 2017-12-20[PDF] The Case for Democracy: The Power of Freedom to Overcome Tyranny and Terror
- 2017-11-10[PDF] The Case Against the Global Economy: And for Local Self-reliance
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Case Against Fragrance
- 2018-01-20[PDF] The Case Against the Modern World: A Crash Course in Traditionalist Thought
- 2018-01-19[PDF] The Case Against the Fed
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Case Against Sugar
- 2017-12-06[PDF] The Case Against Cosby: Sex-Assault Allegations Recast Star's Legacy
- 2017-12-05[PDF] The Case Against the Supreme Court
- 2017-11-12[PDF] The Case Against the Iran Deal: How Can We Now Stop Iran from Getting Nukes?
- 2017-11-09[PDF] The Case Against the Fed (Large Print Edition)
- 2017-11-01[PDF] The Case Against Satan (Penguin Classics)
- 2017-10-15[PDF] The Case Against Free Will: What a Quiet Revolution in Psychology has Revealed about How Behaviour is Determined - Removed
- 2017-01-09[PDF] The Case Against Satan (Penguin Classics)
- 2011-12-09The Mechanics of the Derivatives Markets: What They Are and How They Function
- 2017-11-06[PDF] The Inner Lives of Markets: How People Shape Them - And They Shape Us
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Do Ants Have Assholes?: And 106 of the World's Other Most Important Questions
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Impossible People: Christian Courage and the Struggle for the Soul of Civilization [Audiobook]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.