Posted on 2017-10-29, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Kathy Leach | Publisher: Jessica Kingsley Pub | Category: Health and Care | Language: English | Page: 272 | ISBN: 1843103664 | ISBN13: 9781843103660 |
Description: This practical guide approaches obesity and overeating from a psychological perspective, and offers sensitive methods to increase patients' sense of self-worth, self-knowledge, and motivation to lose weight. "The Overweight Patient" explores the underlying beliefs and behaviours that may contribute to obesity, including psychological needs, addiction, fear of deprivation, parental influences and sexual fears. Kathy Leach draws a useful distinction between the need to eat and the need to maintain a large body size, and addresses the reasons for both long-term obesity and short-term weight gain. She provides a clear and accessible introduction to the psychoanalytic theory of transactional analysis, and details how this approach can be used with overweight people. Illustrated with patient histories, exercises and worked examples of techniques, this book enables therapists and health practitioners to help obese people come to terms with their size, or to support their decision to change their behaviour and reduce their need to eat.
The Overweight Patient: A Psychological Approach to Understanding and Working with Obesity.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32900
- 2009-04-22The Overweight Patient: A Psychological Approach to Understanding And Working With Obesity
- 2017-11-02[PDF] Trauma and Memory: Brain and Body in a Search for the Living Past: A Practical Guide for Understanding and Working with Traumatic Memory
- 2017-11-23[PDF] The Learning Habit: A Groundbreaking Approach to Homework and Parenting that Helps Our Children Succeed in School and Life
- 2017-02-10[PDF] The Learning Habit: A Groundbreaking Approach to Homework and Parenting that Helps Our Children Succeed in School and Life
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Business Case for Corporate Social Responsibility: Understanding and Measuring Economic Impacts of Corporate Social Performance (Contributions to Management Science) - Removed
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The 5 Second Rule: Transform your Life, Work, and Confidence with Everyday Courage
- 2017-12-17[PDF] The Great Reset: How New Ways of Living and Working Drive Post-Crash Prosperity - Removed
- 2017-12-08[PDF] The Power of Infographics: Using Pictures to Communicate and Connect With Your Audiences (Que Biz-Tech)
- 2017-11-30[PDF] The Arabic Version of Euclid's Optics: Edited and Translated with Historical Introduction and Commentary Volume I (Sources in the History of Mathematics and Physical Sciences) (Volume 1) - Removed
- 2017-11-23[PDF] The International Manager: A Guide for Communicating, Cooperating, and Negotiating with Worldwide Colleagues
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Adaptive Interaction: A Utility Maximization Approach to Understanding Human Interaction with Technology (Synthesis Lectures on Human-Centered Informatics)
- 2017-11-07[PDF] The CAD Guidebook: A Basic Manual for Understanding and Improving Computer-Aided Design
- 2017-11-02[PDF] The Blue Bottle Craft of Coffee: Growing, Roasting, and Drinking, with Recipes
- 2017-10-20[PDF] The Highly Intuitive Child: A Guide to Understanding and Parenting Unusually Sensitive and Empathic Children
- 2017-10-18[PDF] The Dissociative Mind in Psychoanalysis: Understanding and Working With Trauma (Relational Perspectives Book Series)
- 2017-10-18[PDF] The Big Book of Bacon: Savory Flirtations, Dalliances, and Indulgences with the Underbelly of the Pig
- 2017-10-10[PDF] The McGraw-Hill Desk Reference for Editors, Writers, and Proofreaders (with CD-ROM)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Dissociative Mind in Psychoanalysis: Understanding and Working With Trauma (Relational Perspectives Book Series)
- 2016-12-27[PDF] The Great Reset: How New Ways of Living and Working Drive Post-Crash Prosperity - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.