[PDF] The Obesity Epidemic and Its Management: A Textbook for Primary Healthcare Professionals on the Understanding, Management and Treatment of Obesity
Posted on 2017-11-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Terry, Ph.D. Maguire, David Haslam | Publisher: Pharmaceutical Pr; 1 edition | Category: Medicine | Language: English | Page: 288 | ISBN: 0853697868 | ISBN13: 9780853697862 |
Description: Obesity is an important risk factor for a number of chronic conditions such as heart disease, stroke, some cancers and type two diabetes. It is responsible for more than 9000 premature deaths a year in England alone and is a growing problem both among adults and children especially in the UK and USA. Community pharmacists now have an increasingly important role in public health. The increased health promotion responsibility under the new contract in the UK and improved consultation facilities now available means that a book such as this is very timely. This text focuses on pharmacists care with the first part concentrating on the background and epidemiology of the problem, the current rates of obesity and the facts, also linking obesity with the emergence of potential public health crisis. Part two of the text focuses on the prevention of obesity including prevention on government level, psychological intervention and exercise and nutrition. The chapters then go on to include the pharmacological interventions including drugs available and also surgical interventions and diets. The closing chapter looks at the structure of the evolving services from community pharmacy nationally and internationally.
The Obesity Epidemic and Its Management: A Textbook for Primary Healthcare Professionals on the Understanding, Management and Treatment of Obesity.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33818
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Handbook of Addiction Treatment for Women: Theory and Practice
- 2019-12-24Understanding the Law for Physicians, Healthcare Professionals, and Scientists: A Primer on the Operations of the Law and the Legal System
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Exercise Therapy: Prevention and Treatment of Disease
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Multiple Myeloma: Diagnosis and Treatment - Removed
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Snoring: Causes, Diagnosis and Treatment (Otolaryngology Research Advances)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Understanding by Design Handbook
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Orthopaedic Oncology: Diagnosis and Treatment
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Burns: Prevention, Causes and Treatment (Surgery - Procedures, Complications, and Results: Human Anatomy and Physiology)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Traumatic Dissociation: Neurobiology and Treatment
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Handbook of Diagnosis and Treatment of DSM-5 Personality Disorders: Assessment, Case Conceptualization, and Treatment, Third Edition
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Diagnosis and Treatment , 3 edition - Removed
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Endocrine Emergencies: Recognition and Treatment (Contemporary Endocrinology) - Removed
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Diagnosis and Treatment (Current Clinical Oncology) - Removed
- 2017-12-30[PDF] The Complete Adult Psychotherapy Treatment Planner
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Lymphoma: Pathology, Diagnosis, and Treatment
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Lymphoma: Pathology, Diagnosis and Treatment
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Pediatric Surgery: Diagnosis and Treatment - Removed
- 2017-12-25[PDF] The Complete Adult Psychotherapy Treatment Planner: Includes DSM-5 Updates
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Narcolepsy: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, and Treatment - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.