[PDF] The New York Times Book of New York: Stories of the People, the Streets, and the Life of the City Past and Present
Posted on 2017-12-31, by luongquocchinh.
Author: James Barron, Mitchel Levitas | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 463 | ISBN: 1579128017 | ISBN13: 9781579128012 |
Description: This unique volume uncovers the most fascinating and compelling stories from The New York Times about the city the paper calls home. More than 200 articles and an abundance of photographs, illustrations, maps, and graphs from the preeminent newspaper in the world take a look at the history and personality of the world's most influential city. Read firsthand accounts of the subway opening in 1904 and the day the Metrocard was introduced the fall of Tammany Hall and recurring corruption in city politics the Son of Sam murders jazz clubs in the 1920s and legendary performances at the Fillmore East baseball's Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier at Brooklyn's storied Ebbets Field in 1947 the 1977 and 2004 blackouts the openings and closings of the city's most beloved restaurants and much more. Not just a historical account, this is a fascinating, sometimes funny, and often moving look at how people in New York live, eat, travel, mourn, fight, love, and celebrate. Organized by theme, the book includes original writings on all topics related to city life, including art, architecture, transportation, politics, neighborhoods, people, sports, business, food, and more. Includes articles from such well-known Times writers as Meyer Berger, Gay Talese, Anna Quindlen, Israel Shenker, Brooks Atkinson, Frank Rich, Ada Louise Huxtable, John Kieran, Russell Baker, and more. Special contributors who have written about New York for the Times include Paul Auster, Woody Allen, and E.B. White, among others.
The New York Times Book of New York: Stories of the People, the Streets, and the Life of the City Past and Present.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34900
- 2014-04-10The New York Times Book of New York: Stories of the People, the Streets, and the Life of the City Past and Present
- 2017-11-23[PDF] The City in Slang: New York Life and Popular Speech
- 2017-11-01[PDF] The City Builders: Property Development in New York and London, 1980-2000 (Studies in Government & Public Policy)
- 2017-10-06[PDF] The City That Became Safe: New York's Lessons for Urban Crime and Its Control (Studies in Crime and Public Policy)
- 2017-01-11[PDF] The City That Became Safe: New York's Lessons for Urban Crime and Its Control (Studies in Crime and Public Policy)
- 2017-01-09[PDF] The City in Slang: New York Life and Popular Speech
- 2017-11-15[PDF] The City Center (The New Agenda Series) (Volume 1)
- 2017-10-27[PDF] A New Chapter in US-Cuba Relations: Social, Political, and Economic Implications (Studies of the Americas) - Removed
- 2018-01-13[PDF] A New Companion to Milton (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Forging New Frontiers: Fuzzy Pioneers II (Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing) - Removed
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Pluto: New Horizons for a Lost Horizon: Astronomy, Astrology, and Mythology
- 2017-10-06[PDF] The City's Son: The Skyscraper Throne, Book 1 [Audiobook]
- 2017-10-03[PDF] The City of Mirrors: A Novel (Book Three of The Passage Trilogy) - Removed
- 2017-02-07[PDF] The City of Mirrors: A Novel (Book Three of The Passage Trilogy)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The City of Devi: A Novel
- 2018-01-22[PDF] The Sensational Past: How the Enlightenment Changed the Way We Use Our Senses
- 2018-01-22[PDF] The City Cats (City Cats #2) - Removed
- 2018-01-20[PDF] The City Rehearsed: Object, Architecture, and Print in the Worlds of Hans Vredeman de Vries (The Classical Tradition in Architecture)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] The City as Target (Postcolonial Politics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.