Posted on 2018-01-23, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Paul L. Nunez | Category: Psychology | Language: English | Page: 350 | ISBN: 1633882195 | ISBN13: 9781633882195 |
Description: This book explains in layperson's terms a new approach to studying consciousness based on a partnership between neuroscientists and complexity scientists. The author, a physicist turned neuroscientist, outlines essential features of this partnership. The new science goes well beyond traditional cognitive science and simple neural networks, which are often the focus in artificial intelligence research. It involves many fields including neuroscience, artificial intelligence, physics, cognitive science, and psychiatry. What causes autism, schizophrenia, and Alzheimer's disease? How does our unconscious influence our actions? As the author shows, these important questions can be viewed in a new light when neuroscientists and complexity scientists work together. This cross-disciplinary approach also offers fresh insights into the major unsolved challenge of our age: the origin of self-awareness. Do minds emerge from brains? Or is something more involved? Using human social networks as a metaphor, the author explains how brain behavior can be compared with the collective behavior of large-scale global systems. Emergent global systems that interact and form relationships with lower levels of organization and the surrounding environment provide useful models for complex brain functions. By blending lucid explanations with illuminating analogies, this book offers the general reader a window into the latest exciting developments in brain research.
The New Science of Consciousness: Exploring the Complexity of Brain, Mind, and Self.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35579
- 2020-12-29The Science of Meditation How to Change Your Brain, Mind and Body
- 2018-12-15The Science of Meditation How to Change Your Brain, Mind and Body
- 2018-11-02The Science of Meditation How to Change Your Brain, Mind and Body
- 2018-08-25The Science of Meditation; How to Change Your Brain, Mind and Body
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Complexity Turn: Cultural, Management, and Marketing Applications - Removed
- 2018-01-04[PDF] The Handbook of Brain Theory and Neural Networks (Bradford Books)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] The Blame Game: Spin, Bureaucracy, and Self-Preservation in Government
- 2017-12-23[PDF] The Oxford Handbook of Suicide and Self-Injury (Oxford Library of Psychology)
- 2017-12-09[PDF] The Fascist State of Mind and the Manufacturing of Masculinity: A psychoanalytic approach
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Walking New Orleans: 30 Tours Exploring Historic Neighborhoods, Waterfront Districts, Culinary and Music Corridors, and Recreational Wonderlands
- 2017-11-24[PDF] The Well-Tuned Brain: Neuroscience and the Life Well Lived
- 2017-11-22[PDF] The Handbook of Brain Theory and Neural Networks: Second Edition
- 2017-10-31[PDF] The Computer after Me : Awareness and Self-Awareness in Autonomic Systems
- 2017-10-26[PDF] The Death of Philosophy: Reference and Self-reference in Contemporary Thought
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Fascist State of Mind and the Manufacturing of Masculinity: A psychoanalytic approach
- 2017-02-09[PDF] The Well-Tuned Brain: Neuroscience and the Life Well Lived
- 2017-01-13[PDF] The Handbook of Brain Theory and Neural Networks (Bradford Books)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] The Handbook of Brain Theory and Neural Networks: Second Edition
- 2017-01-12[PDF] The Death of Philosophy: Reference and Self-reference in Contemporary Thought
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.