Posted on 2017-12-29, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Laurence Fontaine | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 326 | ISBN: 1107018811 | ISBN13: 9781107018815 |
Description: The Moral Economy examines the nexus of poverty, credit, and trust in early modern Europe. It starts with an examination of poverty, the need for credit, and the lending practices of different social groups. It then reconstructs the battles between the Churches and the State around the ban on usury, and analyzes the institutions created to eradicate usury and the informal petty financial economy that developed as a result. Laurence Fontaine unpacks the values that structured these lending practices, namely, the two competing cultures of credit that coexisted, fought, and sometimes merged: the vibrant aristocratic culture and the capitalistic merchant culture. More broadly, Fontaine shows how economic trust between individuals was constructed in the early modern world. By creating a dialogue between past and present, and contrasting their definitions of poverty, the role of the market, and the mechanisms of microcredit, Fontaine draws attention to the necessity of recognizing the different values that coexist in diverse political economies.
The Moral Economy: Poverty, Credit, and Trust in Early Modern Europe.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34842
- 2020-05-13The Moral Economy: Poverty, Credit, and Trust in Early Modern Europe
- 2014-06-07The Moral Economy: Poverty, Credit, and Trust in Early Modern Europe
- 2014-05-09The Moral Economy: Poverty, Credit, and Trust in Early Modern Europe
- 2017-12-25[PDF] The Vices of Learning: Morality and Knowledge at Early Modern Universities (Education and Society in the Middle Ages and Renaissance)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Russian Empire 1450-1801 (Oxford History of Early Modern Europe)
- 2011-09-04Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy
- 2011-05-19Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy: Report of a Symposium
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Dams and Development in China: The Moral Economy of Water and Power (Contemporary Asia in the World)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Dams and Development in China: The Moral Economy of Water and Power (Contemporary Asia in the World)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] The Provoked Economy: Economic Reality and the Performative Turn (CRESC)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] The Media Economy (Media Management and Economics Series)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] The Humane Economy: How Innovators and Enlightened Consumers Are Transforming the Lives of Animals
- 2017-12-18[PDF] The Spatial Economy: Cities, Regions, and International Trade
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Political Economy of Affect and Emotion in East Asia (Asia's Transformations)
- 2017-11-06[PDF] The Moral Equality of Humans and Animals - Removed
- 2017-11-01[PDF] The Philippine Economy: Development, Policies, and Challenges
- 2017-10-29[PDF] The Political Economy of Innovation and Entrepreneurship: From Theories to Practice
- 2017-04-09[PDF] The Moral Economy: Why Good Incentives Are No Substitute for Good Citizens (Castle Lectures Series)
- 2017-02-17[PDF] The Media Economy (Media Management and Economics Series)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.