[PDF] The Metaphysics of Terror: The Incoherent System of Contemporary Politics (Political Theory & Contemporary Philosop)
Posted on 2017-12-01, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Rasmus Ugilt | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 240 | ISBN: 1628920564 | ISBN13: 9781628920567 |
Description: This groundbreaking study aims to provide a philosophical analysis of the phenomenon of terror, in particular the political reactions to it, such as public anxiety and pre-emptive wars, and to re-articulate the understanding of metaphysics through a consideration of its political implications. The book reveals that the key feature of terror is "potentiality," that is, terror is always about "what could happen" as opposed to "what is likely to happen." This notion helps broaden the scope of the investigation, as the argument spans the ontology, political psychology, political cosmology, and political theology of terror. Each chapter begins with an empirical discussion, examining such topics as the political practices in reaction to terror, the politics of fear, warfare, sovereignty, and the debates about the state of exception in relations to anti-terrorism laws. This unique examination of our political reality uncovers the axiom of terrorism, namely its "potentiality." Going beyond the scope of terrorism studies, it explains the philosophical underpinnings of terror without compromising on the empirical facts drawn from policymaking, jurisprudence and related fields.
The Metaphysics of Terror: The Incoherent System of Contemporary Politics (Political Theory & Contemporary Philosop).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33971
- 2020-05-22The Metaphysics of Terror: The Incoherent System of Contemporary Politics (Political Theory and Contemporary Philosophy)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Number System
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Auditory System at the Cocktail Party (Springer Handbook of Auditory Research)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Reproductive System at a Glance
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The American System of Criminal Justice (Available Titles CengageNOW)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Immune System in Space: Are we prepared? (SpringerBriefs in Space Life Sciences) - Removed
- 2018-01-22[PDF] The IGF System: Molecular Biology, Physiology, and Clinical Applications (Contemporary Endocrinology)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] The Vibe System
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Market System: What It Is, How It Works, and What To Make of It
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Reticuloendothelial System in Health and Disease: Functions and Characteristics (Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology) - Removed
- 2018-01-12[PDF] The Economic System of the Early Islamic Period: Institutions and Policies (Political Economy of Islam) - Removed
- 2018-01-09[PDF] The Complement System: Novel Roles in Health and Disease - Removed
- 2018-01-08[PDF] The Information System Consultant's Handbook: Systems Analysis and Design
- 2018-01-05[PDF] The American System of Criminal Justice
- 2018-01-01[PDF] The Endocrine System (Human Body: How It Works)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] The Zakharov System and its Soliton Solutions - Removed
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The Kinslow System: Your Path to Proven Success in Health, Love, and Life
- 2017-12-25[PDF] The Earth System (3rd Edition)
- 2017-12-23[PDF] The Endocrine System at a Glance
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.