Posted on 2017-10-20, by luongquocchinh.
Author: John Foot | Publisher: Verso | Category: Psychology | Language: English | Page: 424 | ISBN: 1781689261 | ISBN13: 9781781689264 |
Description: When the wind of the 1960s blew through the world of psychiatry In 1961, when Franco Basaglia arrived outside the grim walls of the Gorizia asylum, on the Italian border with Yugoslavia, it was a place of horror, a Bedlam for the mentally sick and excluded, redolent of Basagliaâ€™s own wartime experience inside a fascist gaol. Patients were frequently restrained for long periods, and therapy was largely a matter of electric and insulin shocks. The corridors stank, and for many of the interned the doors were locked for life. This was a concentration camp, not a hospital. Basaglia, the new Director, was expected to practise all the skills of oppression in which he had been schooled, but he would have none of this. The place had to be closed down by opening it up from the inside, bringing freedom and democracy to the patients, the nurses and the psychiatrists working in that â€œtotal institution.â€ Inspired by the writings of authors such as Primo Levi, R.D. Laing, Erving Goffman, Michel Foucault and Frantz Fanon, and the practices of experimental therapeutic communities in the UK, Basagliaâ€™s seminal work as a psychiatrist and campaigner in Gorizia, Parma and Trieste fed into and substantially contributed to the national and international movement of 1968. In 1978 a law was passed (the â€œBasaglia lawâ€) which sanctioned the closure of the entire Italian asylum system.
The Man Who Closed the Asylums: Franco Basaglia and the Revolution in Mental Health Care.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32582
- 2020-07-06The Man Who Closed the Asylums: Franco Basaglia and the Revolution in Mental Health Care
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Cultural Consultation: Encountering the Other in Mental Health Care (International and Cultural Psychology) - Removed
- 2018-01-07[PDF] The Encyclopedia of Mental Health (Facts on File Library of Health & Living)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] The Quest for Mental Health: A Tale of Science, Medicine, Scandal, Sorrow, and Mass Society (Cambridge Essential Histories)
- 2017-10-24[PDF] The Language of Mental Health: A Glossary of Psychiatric Terms
- 2017-10-24[PDF] The Future of Mental Health: Deconstructing the Mental Disorder Paradigm
- 2017-10-06[PDF] The Changing Scene of Health Care and Technology: Proceedings of the 11th International Congress of Hospital Engineering, June 1990, London, UK
- 2017-04-15[PDF] The Strategic Management of Health Care Organizations
- 2017-02-17[PDF] The Changing Scene of Health Care and Technology: Proceedings of the 11th International Congress of Hospital Engineering, June 1990, London, UK
- 2013-09-15Cultural Consultation: Encountering the Other in Mental Health Care [Repost]
- 2013-08-20Cultural Consultation: Encountering the Other in Mental Health Care (International and Cultural Psychology)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Mental Health Today... and Tomorrow: Exploring Current and Future Trends in Mental Health Care
- 2017-12-10[PDF] The Man Who Knew Too Much: Alan Turing and the Invention of the Computer (Great Discoveries)
- 2017-02-09[PDF] The Man Who Knew Too Much: Alan Turing and the Invention of the Computer (Great Discoveries)
- 2018-11-12The Man Who Knew Too Much - Alan Turing and the Invention of the Computer
- 2018-02-01[PDF] A Man Most Driven: Captain John Smith, Pocahontas and the Founding of America
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Last Man Off: A True Story of Disaster and Survival on the Antarctic Seas
- 2017-09-18Romain Gary The Man Who Sold His Shadow (Critical Authors and Issues)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Last Man Off: A True Story of Disaster and Survival on the Antarctic Seas
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.