Posted on 2017-10-04, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Karen M. Masterson | Category: Audio Books | Language: English | Page: 0 | ISBN: dc5f3a66c05946e79fc05e89a4f16501 |
Description: A fascinating and shocking historical expose, The Malaria Project is the story of America's secret mission to combat malaria during World War II - a campaign modeled after a German project which tested experimental drugs on men gone mad from syphilis. American war planners, foreseeing the tactical need for a malaria drug, recreated the German model, then grew it tenfold. Quickly becoming the biggest and most important medical initiative of the war, the project tasked dozens of the country's top research scientists and university labs to find a treatment to remedy half a million U.S. troops incapacitated by malaria. Spearheading the new U.S. effort was Dr. Lowell T. Coggeshall, whose persistent drive and curiosity led him to become one of the most innovative thinkers in solving the malaria problem. He recruited private corporations and the nation's best chemists out of Harvard and Johns Hopkins to make novel compounds that skilled technicians tested on birds. Giants in the field of clinical research, including the future NIH director James Shannon, then tested the drugs on mental health patients and convicted criminals - including infamous murderer Nathan Leopold. By 1943, a dozen strains of malaria brought home in the veins of sick soldiers were injected into these human guinea pigs for drug studies. After hundreds of trials and many deaths, they found their "magic bullet", but not in a U.S. laboratory. America 's best weapon against malaria, still used today, was captured in battle from the Nazis. Called chloroquine, it went on to save more lives than any other drug in history. Karen M. Masterson, a journalist turned malaria researcher, uncovers the complete story behind this dark tale of science, medicine, and war. Illuminating, riveting and surprising, The Malaria Project captures the ethical perils of seeking treatments for disease while ignoring the human condition.
The Malaria Project: The U.S. Government's Secret Mission to Find a Miracle Cure [Audiobook].pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32047
- 2017-10-04[PDF] The Malaria Project: The U.S. Government's Secret Mission to Find a Miracle Cure [Audiobook]
- 2017-10-04[PDF] The Malaria Project: The U.S. Government's Secret Mission to Find a Miracle Cure - Removed
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The U.S. Government and Renewable Energy: A Winding Road (Pan Stanford Series on Renewable Energy)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] The Politics of Government-Business Relations in Ghana, 1982-2008 - Removed
- 2018-01-10[PDF] The British Coalition Government, 2010-2015: A Marriage of Inconvenience - Removed
- 2018-01-10[PDF] The Tools of Government (Public Policy & Politics)
- 2018-01-04[PDF] The Tools of Government in the Digital Age: Second Edition (Public Policy and Politics) - Removed
- 2017-12-18[PDF] The Effective Local Government Manager
- 2017-11-20[PDF] The Quality of Government: Corruption, Social Trust, and Inequality in International Perspective
- 2017-10-11[PDF] The Senate (Your Government: How It Works)
- 2017-10-08[PDF] The Everything American Government Book: From the Constitution to Present-Day Elections, All You Need to Understand Our Democratic System
- 2017-02-07[PDF] The Tools of Government (Public Policy & Politics)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] The Politics of Government-Business Relations in Ghana, 1982-2008
- 2017-01-12[PDF] The Tools of Government in the Digital Age: Second Edition (Public Policy and Politics)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] The Quality of Government: Corruption, Social Trust, and Inequality in International Perspective
- 2022-06-26The China Dream How the Aspirations of Government, Business, People Are Driving Greatest Transformation in History [Audiobook]
- 2020-02-18Raven Rock: The Story of the U.S. Government's Secret Plan to Save Itself--While the Rest of Us Die
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Mystery of Stormy Island (Chicken Mission)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Nature Fix: Why Nature Makes Us Happier, Healthier, and More Creative [Audiobook]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.