Posted on 2018-01-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Dr. Peter Dare | Publisher: Whittles Publishing | Category: Biology | Language: English | Page: 224 | ISBN: 1849951306 | ISBN13: 9781849951302 |
Description: This is a much-needed and authoritative account of Common Buzzards gained from extensive studies by the author over 60 years and also from enthusiasts in this country and across northern Europe. The accounts describe the life history and ecology of Buzzards mainly inhabiting the British uplands where historically they have always been most numerous. For the first time, population activities are followed through successive seasonal stages of their life cycle. These include the vital and inter-related aspects of Buzzard territories and social behaviour, diets and hunting methods, food requirements, prey abundance and breeding success, survival and life spans and how Buzzard numbers and distribution have changed, particularly in relation to the influence of Man. The book also demonstrates how well Buzzards have adapted to living in our modern and rapidly-changing landscapes, constantly adapting their habits in response to prey resources and environmental conditions.In the book's first section, The Year of the Buzzard, the sequential changes in the composition and behaviour of a Buzzard community, their seasonal patterns of food habits and hunting methods, their breeding season from courtship until fledging of broods and their subsequent dispersal are outlined. The second section, Special Topics, provides greater detail of six key aspects of their ecology which are explored within the following chapter topics: Territory Energy and Food Needs Predation Food Supply and Breeding Success Demography and Population Dynamics and Changes in Buzzard Abundance.
The Life of Buzzards.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35651
- 2012-05-18The Illustrated Red Baron: The Life and Times of Manfred von Richthofen
- 2012-03-07Wizard: The Life and Times of Nikola Tesla: Biography of a Genius (Audiobook) By Marc J. Seifer, read by Simon Prebble
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Life of Slang
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Life-Giving Stone: Ethnoarchaeology of Maya Metates
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Life of Robert Frost (Wiley Blackwell Critical Biographies)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Life Before Her Eyes
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The Life and Work of John C. Campbell - Removed
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The Life and Works of John Napier
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Life Cycles of the Council on Environmental Quality and the Environmental Protection Agency: 1970 - 2035
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Life of D. H. Lawrence (Wiley Blackwell Critical Biographies)
- 2018-01-23[PDF] The Life of a Teenage Body-Snatcher
- 2018-01-23[PDF] The Life and Legend of Chris Kyle: American Sniper, Navy SEAL [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-23[PDF] THE LIFE OF GRAHAM GREENE: 1904-1939 V. 1
- 2018-01-23[PDF] The Life of Graham Greene, Vol. 3
- 2018-01-23[PDF] The Life and Ship Models of Norman Ough
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Life of Elizabeth I [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-20[PDF] The Life of Thomas More
- 2018-01-19[PDF] The Life and Times of Persimmon Wilson: A Novel
- 2018-01-19[PDF] The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F-k. Christmas Edition
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.