[PDF] The Life Cycles of the Council on Environmental Quality and the Environmental Protection Agency: 1970 - 2035
Posted on 2018-01-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: James K. Conant | Publisher: Oxford University Press | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 216 | ISBN: 0190203714 | ISBN13: 9780190203719 |
Description: In 1970, due to increasing public concern about the environment, a dramatic series of bipartisan actions were taken to expand the national government's efforts to control pollutants. In that year, the Congress and President Nixon established two key federal agencies to address the nation's growing environmental problems: the Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). But despite this initial recognition of the pressing problems presented by environmental degradation, support for related policymaking and administration waxed and waned over the next thirty-five years, as other domestic and foreign policy problems rose to the top of the public and legislative agendas. What does the future hold for environmental policy in the United States, given the highly polarized politics surrounding the issue today? In this book, James K. Conant and Peter J. Balint examine what happened to the CEQ and EPA between 1970 and 2010 by using changes in leadership and budgetary resources as key indicators of the agencies' vitality and capacity for implementing pollution control laws. They also examine correlations between the agencies' fortunes and various social, political, and economic variables. The authors conclude with several scenarios about what the future holds for these important environmental agencies.
The Life Cycles of the Council on Environmental Quality and the Environmental Protection Agency: 1970 - 2035.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35649
- 2012-01-01Sustainability and the U.S. EPA
- 2011-09-16Sustainability and the U.S. EPA free ebook download
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Your Life on Purpose: How to Find What Matters and Create the Life You Want
- 2019-11-28The Arctic Council: Between Environmental Protection and Geopolitics
- 2019-08-24The Arctic Council Between Environmental Protection and Geopolitics
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Ride: 1960's & 1970's: A Photo Essay
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Child Protection Practice Manual: Training practitioners how to safeguard children
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Sustainability Concepts in Decision-Making: Tools and Approaches for the US Environmental Protection Agency
- 2018-01-20[PDF] The Circulation of Agency in E-Justice: Interoperability and Infrastructures for European Transborder Judicial Proceedings (Law, Governance and Technology Series) - Removed
- 2018-01-13[PDF] The Data Protection Officer: Profession, Rules, and Role
- 2017-12-15[PDF] The 20th Century: 1941-1970 (Great Events from History)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Insect Life Cycles: Genetics, Evolution and Co-ordination - Removed
- 2017-11-15[PDF] The Central Intelligence Agency [2 volumes]: An Encyclopedia of Covert Ops, Intelligence Gathering, and Spies
- 2017-11-09[PDF] The Mission (MTG Agency Book 2)
- 2017-11-09[PDF] The Deception (MTG Agency Book 3)
- 2017-11-03[PDF] The Recruit (MTG Agency Book 1)
- 2017-11-02[PDF] The Evolution of Agency and Other Essays (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy and Biology)
- 2017-10-24[PDF] The Paris Protection
- 2017-10-18[PDF] The Eville Protection Plan
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.