Posted on 2018-01-29, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Ted Striphas | Category: Management | Language: English | Page: 272 | ISBN: 0231148143 | ISBN13: 9780231148146 |
Description: Ted Striphas argues that, although the production and propagation of books have undoubtedly entered a new phase, printed works are still very much a part of our everyday lives. With examples from trade journals, news media, films, advertisements, and a host of other commercial and scholarly materials, Striphas tells a story of modern publishing that proves, even in a rapidly digitizing world, books are anything but dead. From the rise of retail superstores to Oprah's phenomenal reach, Striphas tracks the methods through which the book industry has adapted (or has failed to adapt) to rapid changes in twentieth-century print culture. Barnes & Noble, Borders, and Amazon.com have established new routes of traffic in and around books, and pop sensations like Harry Potter and the Oprah Book Club have inspired the kind of brand loyalty that could only make advertisers swoon. At the same time, advances in digital technology have presented the book industry with extraordinary threats and unique opportunities. Striphas's provocative analysis offers a counternarrative to those who either triumphantly declare the end of printed books or deeply mourn their passing. With wit and brilliant insight, he isolates the invisible processes through which books have come to mediate our social interactions and influence our habits of consumption, integrating themselves into our routines and intellects like never before.
The Late Age of Print: Everyday Book Culture from Consumerism to Control.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35779
- 2009-12-01The Late Age of Print: Everyday Book Culture from Consumerism to Control
- 2010-12-24The Late Age of Print
- 2017-11-12[PDF] The Renaissance Computer: Knowledge Technology in the First Age of Print: From the Book to the Web
- 2017-02-13[PDF] The Renaissance Computer: Knowledge Technology in the First Age of Print: From the Book to the Web
- 2017-10-31[PDF] The Promise (Wheeler Large Print Book Series)
- 2017-10-27[PDF] The Late Medieval Age of Crisis and Renewal, 1300-1500: A Biographical Dictionary (The Great Cultural Eras of the Western World)
- 2017-10-04[PDF] The World in Venice: Print, the City, and Early Modern Identity (Studies in Book and Print Culture)
- 2017-02-06[PDF] The Late Medieval Age of Crisis and Renewal, 1300-1500: A Biographical Dictionary (The Great Cultural Eras of the Western World)
- 2012-03-10The Golden Age of Science Fiction, Volume II: An Anthology of 50 Short Stories
- 2012-03-10The Golden Age of Science Fiction, Volume III: An Anthology of 50 Short Stories
- 2012-03-10The Golden Age of Science Fiction, Volume I: An Anthology of 50 Short Stories
- 2012-03-10The Golden Age of Science Fiction, Volume IV: An Anthology of 50 Short Stories
- 2012-02-24Child of the Fighting Tenth: On the Frontier with the Buffalo Soldiers - The Late Forrestine C. Hooker
- 2012-01-19The Political Economy of the Japanese Financial Big Bang: Institutional Change in Finance and Public Policymaking - The Late Tetsuro Toya
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Silver Palate Good Times Cook Book
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The New Age of Innovation: Driving Cocreated Value Through Global Networks
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Mysterious Governess (Daughters of Sin Book 3)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Joy of Not Working: A Book for the Retired, Unemployed and Overworked- 21st Century Edition
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Paper War: Morality, Print Culture, and Power in Colonial New South Wales
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.