[PDF] The Invisible Industrialist: Manufactures and the Production of Scientific Knowledge (Science, Technology and Medicine in Modern History)
Posted on 2018-02-02, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Jean-Paul Gaudilliere | Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan | Category: Self-development | Language: English | Page: 400 | ISBN: 0312212542 | ISBN13: 9780312212544 |
Description: This book discusses the role of industry in the construction of fundamental scientific knowledge. Industrial models of division of labor and industrially-produced instruments and reagents are now central to experimental practices, but they are often perceived as self-evident and this remain invisible. The book examines the effect of the longstanding association between industry and fundamental scientific research through an analysis of case studies taken from the history of physics, chemistry and biomedical sciences in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. These case-studies highlight the role of industrial methods in the production of standardized instruments and reagents which made possible the stabilization and the diffusion of locally-produced knowledge, and its influence as a provider of new organizational patterns and new division of labor within science.
The Invisible Industrialist: Manufactures and the Production of Scientific Knowledge (Science, Technology and Medicine in Modern History).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35890
- 2017-12-10[PDF] The Power of Scientific Knowledge: From Research to Public Policy
- 2017-11-02[PDF] The Nature of Scientific Knowledge: An Explanatory Approach (Springer Undergraduate Texts in Philosophy) - Removed
- 2010-01-02Hearts Exposed: Transplants and the Media in 1960s Britain (Science, Technology and Medicine in Modern History)
- 2013-06-29Mad Dogs and Englishmen: Rabies in Britain, 1830-2000 (Science, Technology and Medicine in Modern History)
- 2013-06-27Mad Dogs and Englishmen: Rabies in Britain, 1830-2000 (Science, Technology and Medicine in Modern History) - Removed
- 2011-05-15Evaluating and Standardizing Therapeutic Agents, 1890-1950 (Science, Technology and Medicine in Modern History)
- 2011-09-01The Role of Scientific and Technical Data and Information in the Public Domain: Proceedings of a Symposium
- 2018-01-17[PDF] The Production and Processing of Inorganic Materials - Removed
- 2017-12-01[PDF] The Production of Culture: Media and the Urban Arts (Feminist Perspective on Communication)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] THE INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION: INVESTIGATE HOW SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY CHANGED THE WORLD with 25 PROJECTS (Build It Yourself)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Production of Seriousness: The Metaphysics of Economic Reason - Removed
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Production of Money: How to Break the Power of Bankers
- 2018-01-22[PDF] The Making of Green Knowledge: Environmental Politics and Cultural Transformation - Removed
- 2018-01-17[PDF] The Risk Society at War: Terror, Technology and Strategy in the Twenty-First Century
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Adaptive Optics for Industry and Medicine: Proceedings of the Sixth International Workshop
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Adaptive Optics for Industry and Medicine: Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop, Munster, Germany, Oct. 19-24, 2003 (Springer Proceedings in Physics) - Removed
- 2018-01-05[PDF] The Data Bonanza: Improving Knowledge Discovery in Science, Engineering, and Business
- 2018-01-01[PDF] The Sociology of Scientific Work: The Fundamental Relationship Between Science and Society (PRIME Series on Research and Innovation Policy in Europe)
- 2017-12-29[PDF] The Recursive Universe: Cosmic Complexity and the Limits of Scientific Knowledge (Dover Books on Science)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.