Posted on 2017-12-18, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Julius B. Richmond | Publisher: Harvard University Press | Category: Medicine | Language: English | Page: 320 | ISBN: 067402415X | ISBN13: 9780674024151 |
Description: If we can decode the human genome and fashion working machines out of atoms, why can't we navigate the quagmire that is our health care system? In this important new book, Julius Richmond and Rashi Fein recount the fraught history of health care in America since the 1960s. After the advent of Medicare and Medicaid and with the progressive goal to make advances in medical care available to all, medical costs began their upward spiral. Cost control measures failed and led to the HMO revolution, turning patients into consumers and doctors into providers. The swelling ranks of Americans without any insurance at all dragged the United States to the bottom of the list of industrialized nations. Over the last century medical education was also profoundly transformed into today's powerful triumvirate of academic medical centers, schools of medicine and public health, and research programs, all of which have shaped medical practice and medical care. The authors show how the promises of medical advances have not been matched either by financing or by delivery of care. As a new crisis looms, and the existing patchwork of insurance is poised to unravel, American leaders must again take up the question of health care. This book brings the voice of reason and the promise of compromise to that debate.
The Health Care Mess: How We Got Into It and What It Will Take To Get Out.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34492
- 2009-11-30The Health Care Mess: How We Got Into It and What It Will Take To Get Out
- 2017-12-30[PDF] The 100 Thing Challenge: How I Got Rid of Almost Everything, Remade My Life, and Regained My Soul
- 2017-10-26[PDF] The Student Loan Mess: How Good Intentions Created a Trillion-Dollar Problem
- 2017-04-05[PDF] The Health Care Case: The Supreme Court's Decision and Its Implications
- 2017-01-10[PDF] The Health Care Case: The Supreme Court's Decision and Its Implications
- 2016-12-27[PDF] The 100 Thing Challenge: How I Got Rid of Almost Everything, Remade My Life, and Regained My Soul
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Geopolitics of Emotion: How Cultures of Fear, Humiliation, and Hope are Reshaping the World
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Innovation-Friendly Organization: How to cultivate new ideas and embrace the change they bring - Removed
- 2018-01-19[PDF] The Truth About Lying: How to Spot a Lie and Protect Yourself from Deception
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Resilient Health Care, Volume 3: Reconciling Work-as-Imagined and Work-as-Done
- 2018-01-14[PDF] The Origin of Satan: How Christians Demonized Jews, Pagans, and Heretics
- 2018-01-03[PDF] The Encore Career Handbook: How to Make a Living and a Difference in the Second Half of Life
- 2017-12-29[PDF] The Trend Following Bible: How Professional Traders Compound Wealth and Manage Risk
- 2017-12-25[PDF] The Color of War: How One Battle Broke Japan and Another Changed America
- 2017-12-25[PDF] The Health Practitioner's Guide to Climate Change: Diagnosis and Cure
- 2017-12-25[PDF] The Scrub's Bible: How to Assist at Cataract and Corneal Surgery with a Primer on the Anatomy of the Human Eye and Self Assessment
- 2017-12-15[PDF] The Shape of Thought: How Mental Adaptations Evolve (Evolution and Cognition)
- 2017-12-12[PDF] The Power of Thanks: How Social Recognition Empowers Employees and Creates a Best Place to Work
- 2017-12-07[PDF] The Science of Drinking: How Alcohol Affects Your Body and Mind
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.