Posted on 2017-12-17, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Frank R. Wilson | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 416 | ISBN: 0679740473 | ISBN13: 9780679740476 |
Description: Frank Wilson was an early contributor to the development of performing arts medicine in the United States and Europe in the 1980's. In 1986 he was a co-founder and neurologist for the Health Program for Performing Artists at the University of California, San Francisco, where his interest focused on impaired hand control in musicians. In 1989 he moved to the University of Dusseldorf in Germany, where he held a one-year fellowship as visiting professor of neurology and was the organizer of a research team studying focal hand dystonia in musicians. Following his return to California in 1990, Dr. Wilson continued his work with performing artists he began a trial of music-learning experiences for patients in the neurological rehabilitation program at Mt. Zion Hospital and for two years he was the neurologist on a multidisciplinary team investigating upper extremity injuries among textile designers at the Levi Strauss Company in San Francisco. He became the medical director of the Health Program for Performing Artists in 1996, and in 2001 accepted an appointment as Clinical Professor of Neurology at Stanford University School of Medicine, joining a clinical research team at Stanford studying deep brain stimulation for patients with complex movement disorders. Wilson's career-long interest in the neurology of human hand control is reflected in two books that explore the neurological and anthropological underpinnings of skilled hand use. The first, Tone Deaf and All Thumbs? was published by Viking-Penguin in 1986. The second, The Hand: How Its Use Shapes the Brain, Language, and Human Culture, was published by Pantheon Books in 1998 and was nominated that year for a Pulitzer Prize for non-fiction. Since the publication of The Hand, he has presented his work and his ideas at national meetings of many professional organizations, and to a wide community of artists and educators who share the opinion that the human hand and brain are an anatomically and behaviorally integrated system -- biology's not-so-secret formula for individual human intelligence, creativity, and autonomy.
The Hand: How Its Use Shapes the Brain, Language, and Human Culture.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34466
- 2017-11-25[PDF] The Early Renaissance and Vernacular Culture (The Bernard Berenson Lectures on the Italian Renaissance Delivered at Villa I Tatti)
- 2017-04-11[PDF] The Auditory System and Human Sound-Localization Behavior
- 2017-04-05[PDF] The Liberal Project and Human Rights: The Theory and Practice of a New World Order
- 2017-01-05[PDF] The Auditory System and Human Sound-Localization Behavior
- 2011-09-29Patterns In The Mind: Language And Human Nature
- 2011-03-23Patterns In The Mind: Language And Human Nature
- 2011-03-22Patterns In The Mind: Language And Human Nature
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Introvert Mindset: How to Use Your Special Talents and Unique Personality Traits to Create Success (Introversion, Myers Briggs and The Introvert Advantage)
- 2017-12-06[PDF] Essential Photoshop: How to use 9 essential tools and techniques to transform your photography (The Lightweight Photographer Books)
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Blueprint for Revolution: How to Use Rice Pudding, Lego Men, and Other Nonviolent Techniques to Galvanize Communities, Overthrow Dictators, or Simply Change the World
- 2017-11-17[PDF] #iPadOnly. The first real post-PC Book: How to use your iPad to work and playand everything in between
- 2017-11-09[PDF] The Body Language of Sex, Power & Aggression: How to Recognize It and How to Use It
- 2017-11-01[PDF] Everything Electrical: How To Use All The Functions On Your Multimeter (Revised Edition 11/9/2015)
- 2017-10-12[PDF] Photography & Gadgets Geeks Box Set: The Beginners Guide To Photography Plus Great Tips For How To Use Fire Phone, Chromecast Device and Amazon Echo (digital ... Amazon Echo User Guide, amazon fire ph
- 2017-10-12[PDF] The Secret Language of the Heart: How to Use Music, Sound, and Vibration as Tools for Healing and Personal Transformation
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Moon Spells: How to Use the Phases of the Moon to Get What You Want
- 2018-11-23Inverting the Paradox of Excellence How Companies Use Variations for Business Excellence and How Ent...
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Pinch Technique and its Applications to Non-Abelian Gauge Theories (Cambridge Monographs on Particle Physics, Nuclear Physics and Cosmology)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Large Sieve and its Applications: Arithmetic Geometry, Random Walks and Discrete Groups (Cambridge Tracts in Mathematics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.