Posted on 2018-01-07, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Monika Krause | Publisher: University Of Chicago Press | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 240 | ISBN: 022613136X | ISBN13: 9780226131368 |
Description: NGOs set out to save lives, relieve suffering, and service basic human needs. They are committed to serving people across national borders and without regard to race, ethnicity, gender, or religion, and they offer crucial help during earthquakes, tsunamis, wars, and pandemics. But with so many ailing areas in need of assistance, how do these organizations decide where to goand who gets the aid? In The Good Project, Monika Krause dives into the intricacies of the decision-making process at NGOs and uncovers a basic truth: It may be the case that relief agencies try to help people but, in practical terms, the main focus of their work is to produce projects. Agencies sell projects to key institutional donors, and in the process the project and its beneficiaries become commodities. In an effort to guarantee a successful project, organizations are incentivized to help those who are easy to help, while those who are hardest to help often receive no assistance at all. The poorest of the world are made to compete against each other to become projectsand in exchange they offer legitimacy to aid agencies and donor governments. Sure to be controversial, The Good Project offers a provocative new perspective on how NGOs succeed and fail on a local and global level.
The Good Project: Humanitarian Relief NGOs and the Fragmentation of Reason.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35104
- 2017-01-12[PDF] The Good Project: Humanitarian Relief NGOs and the Fragmentation of Reason
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Learn Agile Project Management for Teams and Individuals
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Goal Directed Project Management: Effective Techniques and Strategies
- 2018-01-04[PDF] The Edge of Reason?: Science and Religion in Modern Society
- 2017-12-30[PDF] The Bounds of Reason: Game Theory and the Unification of the Behavioral Sciences
- 2017-12-29[PDF] The Adventure of Reason: Interplay Between Philosophy of Mathematics and Mathematical Logic, 1900-1940
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Learning Good Consent: On Healthy Relationships and Survivor Support
- 2017-12-16[PDF] What Good Is Grand Strategy?: Power and Purpose in American Statecraft from Harry S. Truman to George W. Bush
- 2017-12-10[PDF] The Will to Reason: Theodicy and Freedom in Descartes
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Agile for Project Managers (Best Practices and Advances in Program Management Series)
- 2017-11-30[PDF] The Fragmentation of Yugoslavia: Nationalism and War in the Balkans - Removed
- 2017-11-25[PDF] The Roots of Reason: Philosophical Essays on Rationality, Evolution, and Probability
- 2017-10-25[PDF] The Twilight of Reason: Benjamin, Adorno, Horkheimer and Levinas Tested by the Catastrophe (Emunot: Jewish Philosophy and Kabbalah)
- 2017-10-22[PDF] The Fragmentation of U.S. Health Care: Causes and Solutions
- 2017-10-05[PDF] The Tapestry of Reason: An Inquiry into the Nature of Coherence and its Role in Legal Argument (European Academy of Legal Theory Series)
- 2017-04-08[PDF] The Pleasures of Reason in Plato, Aristotle, and the Hellenistic Hedonists
- 2017-02-06[PDF] The Fragmentation of Yugoslavia: Nationalism and War in the Balkans
- 2017-01-10[PDF] The Adventure of Reason: Interplay Between Philosophy of Mathematics and Mathematical Logic, 1900-1940
- 2017-01-10[PDF] The Roots of Reason: Philosophical Essays on Rationality, Evolution, and Probability
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.