Posted on 2017-12-30, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Cheryl Mendelson | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 320 | ISBN: 1408833670 | ISBN13: 9781408833674 |
Description: The Good Life is an engaging, reasoned look at American values: how the angry political right hijacks and corrupts ideas about morality, how the fringe political left abandons the moral outlook, and how antimoralism from many sources results in cruelty, harsh law, dangerous irrationality, corrupt religion, greed, and gross inequality, and undermines American democracy. Cheryl Mendelson reminds us how far these trends have taken us from our roots, and how a humane democracy, with its freedoms, depends on the moral sense of its citizens. Medelson gives clear-sighted descriptions, free of ideology, of what morality really is, tracing it to its psychological roots, and of the antimoralism behind familiar cultural tics like authoritarianism, the culture of "cool," irrationalist movements in politics and religion, and the sterility of academic attempts to understand the moral life. Along the way, she gives a clear, persuasive explanation of why moral truth exists and why believing this doesn't force us to be dogmatic and judgmental. Mendelson's book is a bracing polemic, but it is also inspiring and, with its eye-opening analysis of the moral mentality, an education in what it means to be moral in an antimoral world.
The Good Life: The Moral Individual in an Antimoral World.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34875
- 2014-04-19The Good Life: The Moral Individual in an Antimoral World
- 2020-04-24The Virtues of Happiness: A Theory of the Good Life (Oxford Moral Theory)
- 2017-04-09[PDF] The Moral Economy: Why Good Incentives Are No Substitute for Good Citizens (Castle Lectures Series)
- 2017-01-14[PDF] The Moral Economy: Why Good Incentives Are No Substitute for Good Citizens (Castle Lectures Series)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Golden Rules: 10 Steps to World-Class Excellence in Your Life and Work
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Moral World of James: Setting the Epistle in its Greco-Roman and Judaic Environments (Studies in Biblical Literature)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Moral Imagination: From Adam Smith to Lionel Trilling
- 2018-01-13[PDF] The Moral Dimensions of Human Rights
- 2017-12-29[PDF] The Moral Economy: Poverty, Credit, and Trust in Early Modern Europe
- 2017-12-24[PDF] The Moral Neoliberal: Welfare and Citizenship in Italy (Chicago Studies in Practices of Meaning)
- 2017-12-17[PDF] The Moral Responsibilities of Companies - Removed
- 2017-12-08[PDF] The Moral Case for Fossil Fuels
- 2017-12-06[PDF] The Moral Corporation: Merck Experiences
- 2017-12-05[PDF] The Moral Conditions of Economic Efficiency (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy and Law)
- 2017-11-29[PDF] The Moral Veto: Framing Contraception, Abortion, and Cultural Pluralism in the United States
- 2017-11-26[PDF] The Moral Philosophy of G. E. Moore
- 2017-11-06[PDF] The Moral Equality of Humans and Animals - Removed
- 2017-11-02[PDF] The Moral Fool: A Case for Amorality
- 2017-11-01[PDF] The Moral Animal: Why We Are, the Way We Are: The New Science of Evolutionary Psychology - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.