Posted on 2017-11-21, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Francois Bourguignon | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 224 | ISBN: 069116052X | ISBN13: 9780691160528 |
Description: In The Globalization of Inequality, distinguished economist and policymaker Francois Bourguignon examines the complex and paradoxical links between a vibrant world economy that has raised the living standard of over half a billion people in emerging nations such as China, India, and Brazil, and the exponentially increasing inequality within countries. Exploring globalization's role in the evolution of inequality, Bourguignon takes an original and truly international approach to the decrease in inequality between nations, the increase in inequality within nations, and the policies that might moderate inequality's negative effects. Demonstrating that in a globalized world it becomes harder to separate out the factors leading to domestic or international inequality, Bourguignon examines each trend through a variety of sources, and looks at how these inequalities sometimes balance each other out or reinforce one another. Factoring in the most recent economic crisis, Bourguignon investigates why inequality in some countries has dropped back to levels that have not existed for several decades, and he asks if these should be considered in the context of globalization or if they are in fact specific to individual nations. Ultimately, Bourguignon argues that it will be up to countries in the developed and developing world to implement better policies, even though globalization limits the scope for some potential redistributive instruments. An informed and original contribution to the current debates about inequality, this book will be essential reading for anyone who is interested in the future of the world economy.
The Globalization of Inequality.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33646
- 2019-05-10The Globalization of Inequality
- 2019-03-18The Globalization of Inequality
- 2018-10-12The Globalization of Inequality
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Expression of Inequality in Interaction: Power, dominance, and status (Pragmatics & Beyond New Series)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Globalization of International Society
- 2018-01-14[PDF] The Family: Diversity, Inequality, and Social Change
- 2018-01-12[PDF] The Price of Inequality: How Today's Divided Society Endangers Our Future
- 2018-01-05[PDF] The Upside of Inequality: How Good Intentions Undermine the Middle Class
- 2018-01-02[PDF] The Globalization of Corporate R & D: Implications for Innovation Systems in Host Countries (Routledge Studies in International Business and the World Economy)
- 2017-12-28[PDF] The Globalization of Poverty and the New World Order
- 2017-12-28[PDF] The Globalization of Energy
- 2017-12-20[PDF] The Globalization of World Politics: An Introduction to International Relations
- 2017-12-18[PDF] The Globalization and Development Reader: Perspectives on Development and Global Change
- 2017-12-18[PDF] The Globalization Reader
- 2017-12-12[PDF] The Cost of Inequality: Why Economic Equality is Essential for Future Growth
- 2017-12-11[PDF] The Globalization of Irish Traditional Song Performance
- 2017-12-10[PDF] The Globalization of Space: Foucault and Heterotopia
- 2017-12-10[PDF] The Globalization of Supermax Prisons
- 2017-11-29[PDF] The Anatomy of Inequality: Its Social and Economic Origins- and Solutions
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.