Posted on 2017-10-23, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Todd Rose | Category: Psychology | Language: English | Page: 256 | ISBN: 0062358367 | ISBN13: 9780062358363 |
Description: In this ground-breaking book perfect for readers of The Power of Habit and Quiet, Harvard scientist Todd Rose shows how our one-size-fits-all world is actually one-size-fits-none. Each of us knows weâ€™re different. Weâ€™re a little taller or shorter than the average, our salary is a bit higher or lower than the average, and we wonder about who it is that is buying the average-priced home. All around us, we think, are the average peopleâ€”with the average height, the average salary and the average house. But the average doesnâ€™t just influence how we see ourselvesâ€”our entire social system has been built around this average-size-fits-all model. Schools are designed for the average student. Healthcare is designed for the average patient. Employers try to fill average job descriptions with employees on an average career trajectory. Our government implements programs and initiatives to serve the average person. For more than a century, weâ€™ve believed that the best way to run our institutions is by focusing on the average person. But when you actually drill down into the numbers, you find an amazing fact: no one is averageâ€”which means that our society built for everyone is actually serving no one. In the 1950s, the American Air Force found itself with a massive problemâ€”performance in expensive, custom-made planes was suffering terribly, with crashes peaking at seventeen in a single day. Since the state-of-the-art planes they were flying had been meticulously crafted to fit the average pilot, pilot error was assumed to be at fault. Until, that is, the Air Force investigated just how many of their pilots were actually average. The shocking answer: out of thousands of active-duty pilots, exactly zero were average. Not one. This discovery led to simple solutions (like adjustable seats) that dramatically reduced accidents, improved performance, and expanded the pool of potential pilots. It also led to a huge change in thinking: planes didnâ€™t need to be designed for everyoneâ€”they needed to be designed so they could adapt to suit the individual flying them. The End of Average shows how success lies in customizing to our individual needs in all aspects of our lives, from the way we mark tests to the medical treatment we receive. Using principles from The Science of the Individual, it shows how we can break down the average to create individualized success that benefits everyone in the long run. It's time we stopped settling for average, and in The End of Average, Todd Rose will show you how.
The End of Average: How We Succeed in a World That Values Sameness.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32679
- 2019-07-18#$(Favorable) - Why You Should Read The End of Average: How We Succeed in a World That Values Sameness by Todd Rose Online or Download [^PDF ^EPUB ^MOBI]
- 2020-04-21The End of Average: How We Succeed in a World That Values Sameness
- 2016-07-07The End of Average How We Succeed in a World That Values Sameness
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The End of Big: How the Internet Makes David the New Goliath [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-01[PDF] The End of Dieting: How to Live for Life
- 2017-12-29[PDF] The End of Pain: How Nutrition and Diet Can Fight Chronic Inflammatory Disease
- 2017-12-23[PDF] The End of War: How Waging Peace Can Save Humanity, Our Planet, and Our Future
- 2017-12-19[PDF] The End of Big: How the Internet Makes David the New Goliath [Audiobook]
- 2017-12-09[PDF] The End of Dieting: How to Live for Life.
- 2017-10-23[PDF] The End of Big: How the Internet Makes David the New Goliath - Removed
- 2017-10-21[PDF] The End of Materialism: How Evidence of the Paranormal Is Bringing Science and Spirit Together
- 2016-12-28[PDF] The End of Dieting: How to Live for Life
- 2017-12-05[PDF] The Online Marketing Blueprint: How to Create an Online Strategy that Works for You
- 2017-10-11[PDF] The Why of Work: How Great Leaders Build Abundant Organizations That Win
- 2016-12-29[PDF] The Why of Work: How Great Leaders Build Abundant Organizations That Win
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The End of Diversity As We Know It: Why Diversity Efforts Fail and How Leveraging Difference Can Succeed (BK Business)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Post-Growth Project: How the End of Economic Growth Could Bring a Fairer and Happier Society
- 2017-12-08[PDF] No End Save Victory: How FDR Led the Nation into War
- 2017-12-02[PDF] The Art of Consulting: How To Attract High End Consulting Clients, Make More Money and Work Less Hours
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.