Posted on 2017-12-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: James M. McCormick, Joseph S. Nye Jr., Gideon Rachman | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 484 | ISBN: 1442209607 | ISBN13: 9781442209602 |
Description: The new edition of this leading reader for courses in American foreign policy offers students an up-to-date, highly accessible introduction to the broad array of domestic factors influencing U.S. policymakers. Editor James M. McCormick has carefully selected two dozen current insightful and sometimes controversial essays by a distinguished group of leading expertsâ€” scholars, journalists and public officialsâ€”including 11 new and 7 updated contributions. In his introduction, McCormick evaluates the challenges facing U.S. foreign policy makers in recent years and assesses the Obama Administrationâ€™s successes and failures in its efforts to pursue a new direction in American foreign policy. The volume is then divided into three major parts with an opening essay by the editor to place each part in context and then a selection of essays that analyzes the topic in that part in more detail. Part I, "The Societal Environment," contains a series of articles on the position of interest groups, the impact of military experience, the effect of public opinion, and the role of elections and political parties on foreign policy. Part II, "The Institutional Setting," examines how various political institutions, such as Congress, the presidency, and various bureaucracies (e.g., the National Security Council, the intelligence community) shape American foreign policy. Part III, "Decision makers and Their Policymaking Positions," provides various case analyses over several administrations to illustrate how individuals and bureaucracies affect the foreign policy decision making at the highest levels of government.
The Domestic Sources of American Foreign Policy: Insights and Evidence.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34741
- 2020-01-14The Domestic Sources of American Foreign Policy: Insights and Evidence
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Sailing the Water's Edge: The Domestic Politics of American Foreign Policy
- 2017-10-13[PDF] The Unilateralist Temptation in American Foreign Policy (Foreign Policy Analysis) - Removed
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Unilateralist Temptation in American Foreign Policy (Foreign Policy Analysis)
- 2016-12-13Sailing the Water's Edge The Domestic Politics of American Foreign Policy
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Imagining the Middle East: The Building of an American Foreign Policy, 1918-1967
- 2018-01-20[PDF] A World in Disarray: American Foreign Policy and the Crisis of the Old Order - Removed
- 2020-03-15Thomas C. Mann: President Johnson, the Cold War, and the Restructuring of Latin American Foreign Policy (Studies In Conflict Diplomacy Peace)
- 2018-10-15The Folly of War American Foreign Policy, 1898-2005
- 2018-08-25The Folly of War American Foreign Policy, 1898-2005
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Cambridge History of American Foreign Relations, Volume 2: The American Search for Opportunity, 1865-1913
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Black Book of Canadian Foreign Policy
- 2018-01-23[PDF] The Polythink Syndrome: U.S. Foreign Policy Decisions on 9/11, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Syria, and ISIS
- 2018-01-18[PDF] American Foreign Policy: Pattern and Process
- 2018-01-17[PDF] The New Mandarins: How British Foreign Policy Works
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Tragedy of U.S. Foreign Policy: How Americas Civil Religion Betrayed the National Interest
- 2017-12-18[PDF] The Oxford Handbook of Indian Foreign Policy (Oxford Handbooks)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] The National Interest in Question: Foreign Policy in Multicultural Societies
- 2017-10-27Imagining the Middle East: The Building of an American Foreign Policy, 1918-1967
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.