Posted on 2017-11-28, by luongquocchinh.
Author: David Taras | Publisher: Mcgill Queens Univ Pr | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 1 | ISBN: 0773507051 | ISBN13: 9780773507050 |
Description: Few international issues have aroused as much passionate interest and political activity among Canadians. The contest on the domestic battleground has been decisive in determining Canada's policies in the Middle East. The Domestic Battleground provides the history and background needed to understand Canadian attitudes toward both the explosive unrest occurring in the West Bank and Gaza Strip and the participants in the conflict - Israel, the Palestinians, and the rest of the Arab world. Taras and Goldberg analyse the struggles over the levers of decision making in Ottawa and the battle between moral stances and convictions that has taken place among concerned Canadians. The Domestic Battleground is the first book devoted to analysing the study of Canada's Middle Eastern policy. David Taras and David H. Goldberg take readers inside the Canadian decision-making process on key issues regarding the Middle East over the last forty years. Bringing together articles by scholars with differing perspectives, this volume brings to light the positions and actions of Canadian political leaders - Mackenzie King, Lester B. Pearson, Joe Clark, Pierre Trudeau, and Brian Mulroney - and assess the impact of media coverage, corporate and governmental interests, and Arab and Jewish lobby groups. The Domestic Battleground addresses the narrowing of the emotional distance separating Canada from the conflicts and disputes indigenous to the Middle East and responds to the presence of the Arab-Israeli conflict in the mainstream of daily life and politics in Canada.
The Domestic Battleground: Canada and the Arab-Israeli Conflict.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33871
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Arab-Israeli Conflict: A History (Contemporary Worlds)
- 2017-12-07[PDF] The Arab-Israeli Conflict in American Political Culture
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Political Conflict and Exclusion in Jerusalem: The Provision of Education and Social Services (Routledge Studies on the Arab-Israeli Conflict)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Myths and Facts: A Guide to the Arab-Israeli Conflict
- 2018-01-19[PDF] The Encyclopedia of the Arab-Israeli Conflict [4 volumes]: A Political, Social, and Military History
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Trans-Colonial Urban Space in Palestine: Politics and Development (Routledge Studies on the Arab-Israeli Conflict)
- 2017-12-31[PDF] From Coexistence to Conquest: International Law and the Origins of the Arab-Israeli Conflict 1891-1949
- 2017-12-28[PDF] The Arab-Israeli Wars, The Chinese Civil War and the Korean War (The West Point Military History Series)
- 2017-10-13[PDF] The UN and the Arab-Israeli Conflict: American Hegemony and UN Intervention since 1947 (Routledge Studies in Middle Eastern Politics)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The UN and the Arab-Israeli Conflict: American Hegemony and UN Intervention since 1947 (Routledge Studies in Middle Eastern Politics)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Trans-Colonial Urban Space in Palestine: Politics and Development (Routledge Studies on the Arab-Israeli Conflict)
- 2020-10-16Mythologies Without End: The US, Israel, and the Arab Israeli Conflict, 1917 2020
- 2020-06-21Palestine and the Arab-Israeli Conflict: A History with Documents
- 2019-01-24The Limits of DÃ©tente The United States, the Soviet Union, and the Arab-Israeli Conflict, 1969-1973
- 2019-01-10The Limits of DÃ©tente The United States, the Soviet Union, and the Arab-Israeli Conflict, 1969-1973
- 2018-05-09Atlas of the Near East State Formation and the Arab-Israeli Conflict, 1918-2010
- 2017-12-14[PDF] A Documentary History of the Arab-Israeli Conflict
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Year Zero of the Arab-Israeli Conflict 1929 (The Schusterman Series in Israel Studies)
- 2017-10-07[PDF] The Routledge Atlas of the Arab-Israeli Conflict (Routledge Historical Atlases)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.