[PDF] The Development of Arithmetic Concepts and Skills: Constructive Adaptive Expertise (Studies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series)
Posted on 2017-04-10, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Arthur J. Baroody, Ann Dowker | Publisher: Routledge (January 3, 2003) | Category: Mathematics | Language: English | Page: 520 | ISBN: 0805831568 | ISBN13: 9780805831566 |
Description: This volume focuses on two related questions that are central to both the psychology of mathematical thinking and learning and to the improvement of mathematics education: What is the nature of arithmetic expertise? How can instruction best promote it? Contributors from a variety of specialities, including cognitive, developmental, educational, and neurological psychology mathematics education and special education offer theoretical perspectives and much needed empirical evidence about these issues. As reported in this volume, both theory and research indicate that the nature of arithmetic expertise and how to best promote it are far more complex than conventional wisdom and many scholars, past and present, have suggested. The results of psychological, educational, and clinical studies using a wide range of arithmetic tasks and populations (including "normally" and atypically developing children, non-injured and brain-injured adults, and savants) all point to the same conclusion: The heart of arithmetic fluency, in general, and the flexible and creative use of strategies, in particular, is what is termed "adaptive expertise" (meaningful or conceptually based knowledge). The construction of adaptive expertise in mathematics is, for the first time, examined across various arithmetic topics and age groups. This book will be an invaluable resource for researchers and graduate students interested in mathematical cognition and learning (including mathematics educators, developmental and educational psychologists, and neuropsychologists), educators (including teachers, curriculum supervisors, and school administrators), and others interested in improving arithmetic instruction (including officials in national and local education departments, the media, and parents).
The Development of Arithmetic Concepts and Skills: Constructive Adaptive Expertise (Studies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 31396
- 2014-02-04The Development of Arithmetic Concepts and Skills: Constructive Adaptive Expertise (Repost)
- 2009-05-11The Development of Arithmetic Concepts and Skills: Constructive Adaptive Expertise (repost) - Removed
- 2008-12-06The Development of Arithmetic Concepts and Skills: Constructive Adaptive Expertise (Volume in Lea's Mathematical Thinking and - Removed
- 2018-01-18[PDF] The science of water: Concepts and applications, 2nd edition
- 2018-01-15[PDF] The Consciousness Paradox: Consciousness, Concepts, and Higher-Order Thoughts (Representation and Mind series)
- 2017-12-18[PDF] The Marketing Pathfinder: Key Concepts and Cases for Marketing Strategy and Decision Making
- 2017-12-17[PDF] The Science of Water: Concepts and Applications, Third Edition - Removed
- 2017-11-20[PDF] The Science of Air: Concepts and Applications, Second Edition
- 2017-10-23[PDF] The Ethically Responsible Engineer: Concepts and Cases for Students and Professionals
- 2017-10-10[PDF] The ExstrophyEpispadias Complex: Research Concepts and Clinical Applications - Removed
- 2018-01-10[PDF] The Media Economy (Media Management and Economics Series)
- 2017-12-31[PDF] The Development of Propulsion Technology for U.S. Space-Launch Vehicles, 1926-1991 (Centennial of Flight Series)
- 2017-12-03[PDF] The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone Series)
- 2017-11-26[PDF] The Hidden Link Between Vision and Learning: Why Millions of Learning Disabled Children are Misdiagnosed
- 2017-11-18[PDF] The Psychology of Coaching, Mentoring and Learning
- 2017-11-11[PDF] The RoutledgeFalmer Reader in Teaching and Learning (RoutledgeFalmer Readers in Education)
- 2017-02-17[PDF] The Media Economy (Media Management and Economics Series)
- 2017-02-14[PDF] The RoutledgeFalmer Reader in Teaching and Learning (RoutledgeFalmer Readers in Education)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The CISO Journey: Life Lessons and Concepts to Accelerate Your Professional Development (Internal Audit and IT Audit) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.