[PDF] The Consciousness Paradox: Consciousness, Concepts, and Higher-Order Thoughts (Representation and Mind series)
Posted on 2018-01-15, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Rocco J. Gennaro | Publisher: A Bradford Book | Category: Psychology | Language: English | Page: 320 | ISBN: 0262016605 | ISBN13: 9780262016605 |
Description: Consciousness is arguably the most important area within contemporary philosophy of mind and perhaps the most puzzling aspect of the world. Despite an explosion of research from philosophers, psychologists, and scientists, attempts to explain consciousness in neurophysiological, or even cognitive, terms are often met with great resistance. In The Consciousness Paradox, Rocco Gennaro aims to solve an underlying paradox, namely, how it is possible to hold a number of seemingly inconsistent views, including higher-order thought (HOT) theory, conceptualism, infant and animal consciousness, concept acquisition, and what he calls the HOT-brain thesis. He defends and further develops a metapsychological reductive representational theory of consciousness and applies it to several importantly related problems. Gennaro proposes a version of the HOT theory of consciousness that he calls the "wide intrinsicality view" and shows why it is superior to various alternatives, such as self-representationalism and first-order representationalism. HOT theory says that what makes a mental state conscious is that a suitable higher-order thought is directed at that mental state. Thus Gennaro argues for an overall philosophical theory of consciousness while applying it to other significant issues not usually addressed in the philosophical literature on consciousness. Most cognitive science and empirical works on such topics as concepts and animal consciousness do not address central philosophical theories of consciousness. Gennaro's integration of empirical and philosophical concerns will make his argument of interest to both philosophers and nonphilosophers.
The Consciousness Paradox: Consciousness, Concepts, and Higher-Order Thoughts (Representation and Mind series).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35361
- 2018-01-18[PDF] The science of water: Concepts and applications, 2nd edition
- 2017-12-18[PDF] The Marketing Pathfinder: Key Concepts and Cases for Marketing Strategy and Decision Making
- 2017-12-17[PDF] The Science of Water: Concepts and Applications, Third Edition - Removed
- 2017-12-01[PDF] The Romantic Paradox: Love, Violence and the Uses of Romance, 1760-1830
- 2017-11-20[PDF] The Science of Air: Concepts and Applications, Second Edition
- 2017-10-23[PDF] The Ethically Responsible Engineer: Concepts and Cases for Students and Professionals
- 2017-10-10[PDF] The ExstrophyEpispadias Complex: Research Concepts and Clinical Applications - Removed
- 2017-04-10[PDF] The Development of Arithmetic Concepts and Skills: Constructive Adaptive Expertise (Studies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series)
- 2017-02-06[PDF] The Romantic Paradox: Love, Violence and the Uses of Romance, 1760-1830
- 2018-01-10[PDF] The Media Economy (Media Management and Economics Series)
- 2017-12-03[PDF] The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone Series)
- 2017-10-10[PDF] The Dialogical Therapist (Systemic Thinking and Practice Series)
- 2017-02-17[PDF] The Media Economy (Media Management and Economics Series)
- 2012-03-13The Consciousness Paradox: Consciousness, Concepts, and Higher-Order Thoughts
- 2020-10-11The Marx Revival: Key Concepts and New Critical Interpretations (True PDF)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The CISO Journey: Life Lessons and Concepts to Accelerate Your Professional Development (Internal Audit and IT Audit) - Removed
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Frenkel-Kontorova Model: Concepts, Methods, and Applications (Theoretical and Mathematical Physics) - Removed
- 2018-01-14[PDF] The Abilene Paradox and Other Meditations on Management
- 2018-01-14[PDF] The Entrepreneurial Paradox: Examining the Interplay between Entrepreneurial and Management Thinking - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.