[PDF] The Classical Theory of Fields, Fourth Edition: Volume 2 (Course of Theoretical Physics Series)
Posted on 2017-11-29, by luongquocchinh.
Author: L D Landau | Publisher: Butterworth-Heinemann | Category: Physics | Language: English | Page: 402 | ISBN: 0750627689 | ISBN13: 9780750627689 |
Description: The fourth edition contains seven new sections with chapters on General Relativity, Gravitational Waves and Relativistic Cosmology. The text has been thoroughly revised and additional problems inserted. The Complete course of Theoretical Physics by Landau and Lifshitz, recognized as two of the world's outstanding physicists, is published in full by Butterworth-Heinemann. It comprises nine volumes, covering all branches of the subject translations from the Russian are by leading scientists. Reviews: Summary: Physics/math study Rating: 5 This is an absolute necessity for a graduate student! Studying math/physics. One of the very best available. I was very pleased in the condition of the book, and the price made it affordable for me. Summary: The work of a master Rating: 5 Landau's approach to Classical Field Theory demonstrates his ability to be clear, concise, and elegant without drowning out the physics with math. I will say, however, that Landau requires a certain maturity to appreciate his style (same goes for Rudin's books of analysis). I would recommend this title to those with a working knowledge of classical E & M, vector/tensor analysis, and of special relativity. It is also wise to work through the author's Theoretical Mechanics to get a taste of their style. I believe, contrary to many, that this book is appropriate for self study if one is willing to do the work (not only the exercises but following along pencil in hand). I suggest reading a passage and then covering it up and then trying to do the derivations by hand. I also suggest the study of Hermann Weyl's Space-Time-Matter for more on GR. My only complaint is the quality of print, which has is not the fault of the authors. It is especially annoying at first. Summary: Overrated for Learning Rating: 2 L&L, while elegant, is umotivated in the justifications that start their derivations. If the subject matter is grasped, then L&L is excellent for its directness. In brief, the volume is far from a learning tool. Summary: My comment is not about the content, but about the edition. Rating: 4 First, I love this book, it is superb. If the comment is only on the contents, I'll give 5 stars without any hesitation. However, one star is taken because I seriously despise the way the publisher treating this book, or, the entire classic Landau series. Some of the letters are vague. All letters are not dark enough, even a xerox copy is darker than this book! Some straight lines are broken. Why can't the publisher make the classic of Landau be their own classic? Summary: Russian School of Physics Rating: 1 I bought this book for a graduate E & M physics class and found it utterly useless. Maybe it would be good for a math class, but even then I doubt it.
The Classical Theory of Fields, Fourth Edition: Volume 2 (Course of Theoretical Physics Series).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33912
- 2012-09-06The Classical Theory of Fields, Fourth Edition: Volume 2 (Course of Theoretical Physics Series) by L. D. Landau (Repost)
- 2011-01-13The Classical Theory of Fields, Fourth Edition (Course of Theoretical Physics, Volume 2) (repost)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Classical Theory of Fields: Electromagnetism (Graduate Texts in Physics) - Removed
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Mechanics, Third Edition: Volume 1 (Course of Theoretical Physics S)
- 2013-11-21Mechanics, Third Edition: Volume 1 (Course of Theoretical Physics) - L D Landau and E.M. Lifshitz
- 2011-11-13Fluid Mechanics, Second Edition: Volume 6 (Course of Theoretical Physics)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] The Cell: A Molecular Approach, Fourth Edition
- 2017-12-31[PDF] The Cambridge Dictionary of Statistics, Fourth Edition
- 2017-12-29[PDF] The English Teacher's Companion, Fourth Edition: A Completely New Guide to Classroom, Curriculum, and the Profession
- 2017-12-29[PDF] The Classical Theory of Integral Equations: A Concise Treatment - Removed
- 2017-11-19[PDF] The Mathematical Theory of Elasticity, Second Edition
- 2017-10-27[PDF] The Quantum Theory of Fields, Vol. 2: Modern Applications
- 2017-10-16[PDF] The Quantum Theory of Fields, Volume 1: Foundations
- 2017-10-16[PDF] The Quantum Theory of Fields: Volume 3, Supersymmetry
- 2017-10-15[PDF] The Medical Basis of Psychiatry, Fourth Edition - Removed
- 2017-10-13[PDF] The Art of M&A, Fourth Edition: A Merger Acquisition Buyout Guide
- 2017-10-04[PDF] The Complete Joy of Homebrewing Fourth Edition: Fully Revised and Updated
- 2017-04-05[PDF] The Quantum Theory of Fields, Volume 3: Supersymmetry
- 2017-03-14The Classical Theory of Fields Electromagnetism - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.