Posted on 2018-01-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Mary Kreiner Ramirez | Publisher: NYU Press | Category: Management | Language: English | Page: 288 | ISBN: 1479881570 | ISBN13: 9781479881574 |
Description: A critical examination of the wrongdoing underlying the 2008 financial crisis An unprecedented breakdown in the rule of law occurred in the United States after the 2008 financial collapse. Bank of America, JPMorgan, Citigroup, Goldman Sachs, and other large banks settled securities fraud claims with the Securities and Exchange Commission for failing to disclose the risks of subprime mortgages they sold to the investing public. But a corporation cannot commit fraud except through human beings working at and managing the firm. Rather than breaking up these powerful megabanks, essentially imposing a corporate death penalty, the government simply accepted fines that essentially punished innocent shareholders instead of senior leaders at the megabanks. It allowed the real wrongdoers to walk away from criminal responsibility. In The Case for the Corporate Death Penalty, Mary Kreiner Ramirez and Steven A. Ramirez examine the best available evidence about the wrongdoing underlying the financial crisis. They reveal that the government failed to use its most powerful law enforcement tools despite overwhelming proof of wide-ranging and large-scale fraud on Wall Street before, during, and after the crisis. The pattern of criminal indulgences exposes the onset of a new degree of crony capitalism in which the most economically and political powerful can commit financial crimes of vast scale with criminal and regulatory immunity. A new economic royalty has seized the commanding heights of our economy through their control of trillions in corporate and individual wealth and their ability to dispense patronage. The Case for the Corporate Death Penalty shows that this new lawlessness poses a profound threat that urgently demands political action and proposes attainable measures to restore the rule of law in the financial sector.
The Case for the Corporate Death Penalty: Restoring Law and Order on Wall Street.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35646
- 2018-01-18[PDF] The Trial & Death of Socrates: Apology and Phaedo
- 2017-12-15[PDF] The Corporate Greenhouse: Climate Change Policy and Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- 2017-12-05[PDF] The Protection of Geographical Indications: Law and Practice
- 2017-10-20[PDF] The Church of England - Charity Law and Human Rights - Removed
- 2017-10-19[PDF] The Bank On Yourself Revolution: Fire Your Banker, Bypass Wall Street, and Take Control of Your Own Financial Future
- 2017-10-11[PDF] The Wealth of Wives: Women, Law, and Economy in Late Medieval London
- 2017-01-10[PDF] The Wealth of Wives: Women, Law, and Economy in Late Medieval London
- 2011-07-04Chinas Death Penalty: History, Law and Contemporary Practices
- 2010-08-13The Ricky Gervais Guide To... Law and Order
- 2010-07-12The Ricky Gervais Guide To Law And Order, Podcast
- 2017-11-30[PDF] 7 Reasons to Believe in the Afterlife: A Doctor Reviews the Case for Consciousness after Death
- 2021-07-237 Reasons To Believe In The Afterlife A Doctor Reviews The Case For Consciousness After Death [Au...
- 2021-07-187 Reasons to Believe in the Afterlife A Doctor Reviews the Case for Consciousness After Death [Audio...
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Against Capital Punishment: The Anti-Death Penalty Movement in America, 1972-1994
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Cruel and Unusual: The American Death Penalty and the Founders' Eighth Amendment
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Utopia for Realists: The Case for a Universal Basic Income, Open Borders, and a 15-hour Workweek
- 2017-11-05[PDF] English Language Training in the Workplace: Case Studies of Corporate Programs in China (Technical and Vocational Education and Training: Issues, Concerns and Prospects) - Removed
- 2018-10-31Avoiding the corporate death spiral recognizing and eliminating the signs of decline
- 2018-09-23The Classical Liberal Case for Privacy in a World of Surveillance and Technological Change
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.