Posted on 2017-11-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Rebecca Rissman | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 48 | ISBN: 1624031447 | ISBN13: 9781624031441 |
Description: There are some admirable qualities to these titles-use of primary source documents, follow-up questions, and "Stop and Think" writing prompts. Unfortunately, negative characteristics mar the set as a whole. The illustrations are disappointing, with several employed more than once throughout the series. When depicting slaves, period drawings are used that do little to convey the actual conditions that were endured. With so many excellent photographs available, the use of these illustrations is puzzling. For the most part, the writing style is clear and straightforward. But African-American Culture lacks nuance and depth and fails to convey the harsh realities of slavery. For instance, in shedding light on the importance of hymns, the author makes the assertion that "the songs brought joy to African American who sang them." Though technically true, this oversimplified explanation glosses over the horrors of slavery and neglects to mention the role of these songs in the Underground Railroad.
The Black Power Movement (African-American History).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33806
- 2020-05-22Black Power Movement (African-American History)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The Black Power Movement and American Social Work
- 2017-01-13[PDF] The Black Power Movement and American Social Work
- 2011-10-10Black American Biographies: The Journey of Achievement (African American History and Culture) free ebook download
- 2010-09-01Black American Biographies: The Journey of Achievement (African American History and Culture)
- 2019-12-10A Fool's Errand: Creating the National Museum of African American History and Culture in the Age of Bush, Obama, and Trump
- 2019-11-12A Fool's Errand: Creating the National Museum of African American History and Culture in the Age of Bush, Obama, and Trump
- 2018-06-06Long Road to Hard Truth The 100 Year Mission to Create the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Twenty-first Century African American Novel and the Critique of Whiteness in Everyday Life: Blackness as Strategy for Social Change
- 2018-01-19[PDF] The Columbia Guide to Irish American History
- 2018-01-10[PDF] The Skeptic s Guide to American History
- 2017-12-23[PDF] The Oxford Handbook of African American Theology (Oxford Handbooks)
- 2017-11-30[PDF] The Oxford Handbook of African American Language
- 2017-11-27[PDF] The Entrepreneurial Spirit of African American Inventors
- 2017-10-24[PDF] The Right to Fight: African-American Marines in World War II (Marines in World War II Commemorative Series)
- 2017-10-17[PDF] The Electric Chair: An Unnatural American History
- 2017-10-13[PDF] The Quest for Citizenship: African American and Native American Education in Kansas, 1880-1935
- 2017-02-06[PDF] The Entrepreneurial Spirit of African American Inventors
- 2017-01-11[PDF] The Oxford Handbook of African American Language
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.