Posted on 2017-12-02, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Maurice Joyant | Category: Cooking | Language: English | Page: 178 | ISBN: B00TOBYTDK |
Description: Henri de-Toulouse-Lautrec brought to his art a zest for life as well as an impeccable style. It is an exciting discovery to find that Lautrec applies this same exuberance and meticulous technique to the art of cuisine--that he invented recipes and cooked new dishes as an artistic creation worth of his serious attention. This volume is a collection of the recipes that Lautrec invented, or were garnered in his company from acquaintances of all classes of society. It has been illustrated with the menus that Lautrec himself designed and decorated, as well as with a rich abundance of other appropriate Lautrec paintings and drawings. The frontispiece is a portrait by Edouard Vuillard of lautrec preparing one of his masterful dishes. The recipes are given here in their original form, retaining their color of thought and language. The only modifications are culinary notes that have been added to facilitate the work of modern cooks. Lautrec took great pride in his culinary ability, and if he felt it would not be appreciated, he would say that some people "are not worth of ring dove with olives, they will never have any and they will never know what it is." Lautrec planned meals carefully, made beautifully decorated menus, and was inspired by the dinners to draw more sketches of the diners, and of the food. He also brought to cuisine, as to the rest of his life, a marvelous wit. Who could forget the invitation to eat kangaroo, in honor of an animal that he had seen boxing at a circus (it was replaced at the last moment by an enormous sheep with an artificial pouch): or the housewarming of the apartment of his friend Natanson, where in a crazy atmosphere, he managed to intoxicated the artistic elite of Paris and launch the fashion of cocktail food. We owe the record of this cuisine (and also of a great body of the art collection itself) to Maurice Joyant. Joyant and Lautrec had been childhood friends, and their intimacy was renewed and deepened during the Montmartre years, when Lautrec's fame was growing and Joyant was director of the same art gallery in Paris that Theo Van Gogh had run before him. Lautrec was, throughout their relationship, the artist and innovator Joyant, the steadying influence, the protector, and, after the painter's death, the executor. This book is a tribute to their friendhsip and to their daily intercourse in art and in cuisine. Thus, art, friendship, and food have come together in The Art of Cuisine as a joyful legacy of Henry de Toulouse-Lautrec and Maurice Joyant.
The Art of Cuisine.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34007
- 2017-11-01[PDF] The Art of Peruvian Cuisine Vol. 1: by Tony Custer
- 2017-10-22[PDF] The Art of Peruvian Cuisine Volume 2
- 2012-06-14Frank Miller: The Art of Sin City (French Edition)
- 2012-06-10The Art and Making of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- 2012-05-11The Art of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Removed
- 2012-05-11The Art of Computer Programming, Volume 4A: Combinatorial Algorithms, Part 1 - Removed
- 2012-05-11The Art of How to Train Your Dragon - Removed
- 2012-03-13Bill Underwood - Combato The Art Of Self-Defence for Soldier and Civilian (Men & Women)
- 2012-03-11The Art of Mathematics: Coffee Time in Memphis By Bela BollobÃ¡s
- 2011-11-18The Art of What Works: How Success Really Happens
- 2011-10-09The Art of SpeedReading People How to Size People Up and Speak Their Language by Paul D. Tieger
- 2011-09-01Roman's Lab Vol. 36 - The Art Of Defense
- 2011-08-07Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions
- 2009-12-09The Art of Scalability: Scalable Web Architecture, Processes, and Organizations for the Modern Enterprise
- 2018-02-02[PDF] The Art of the Film: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- 2018-02-02[PDF] The Art of Spray Paint: Inspirations and Techniques from Masters of Aerosol
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Art of Faith: A Guide to Understanding Christian Images
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Art of the Pimp: One Man's Search for Love, Sex, and Money
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Art of Piano Playing
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.