Posted on 2018-01-16, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Ian J. Bickerton | Publisher: Reaktion Books | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 256 | ISBN: 1861895275 | ISBN13: 9781861895271 |
Description: Though more than sixty years have passed since the signing of the proclamation of the State of Israel, the impact of that epochal event continues to shape the political policies and public opinion of not only the Middle East but much of the world. The consequent conflict between Arabs and Israelis for sovereignty over the land of Palestine has been one of the most bloody, intractable, and drawn-out of modern times. It continues today in cycles of aggressive violence followed by temporary, tenuous ceasefires that are marked and complicated by resolute opinions and fractious religious ideologies. In this timely volume, noted military historian Ian J. Bickerton cuts through the complex perspectives in order to explain this struggle in objective detail, describing its history from the dissolution of the Ottoman Empire following World War I to the present day. In concise and clear prose, Bickerton argues that the present problem can be traced to the fact that each side is trapped by a conception of their past from which they seem unable to break free. This attachment and reaction to history has had a negative influence on the decision-making of Arabs and Israelis since 1948. Ultimately, Bickerton maintains that the use of armed force has not, and will not, resolve the issues that have divided Israelis and Arabs. The Arab-Israeli Conflict is a plea for reasoned diplomacy in a situation that has been dominated by extreme violence. This book will appeal to a wide general audience seeking a balanced understanding of this enduring struggle that still dominates headlines.
The Arab-Israeli Conflict: A History (Contemporary Worlds).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35380
- 2020-06-21Palestine and the Arab-Israeli Conflict: A History with Documents
- 2017-12-07[PDF] The Arab-Israeli Conflict in American Political Culture
- 2014-02-06The Arab-Israeli Conflict: A History
- 2018-01-19[PDF] The Encyclopedia of the Arab-Israeli Conflict [4 volumes]: A Political, Social, and Military History
- 2017-12-14[PDF] A Documentary History of the Arab-Israeli Conflict
- 2017-01-14[PDF] A Documentary History of the Arab-Israeli Conflict
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Political Conflict and Exclusion in Jerusalem: The Provision of Education and Social Services (Routledge Studies on the Arab-Israeli Conflict)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Myths and Facts: A Guide to the Arab-Israeli Conflict
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Trans-Colonial Urban Space in Palestine: Politics and Development (Routledge Studies on the Arab-Israeli Conflict)
- 2017-12-31[PDF] From Coexistence to Conquest: International Law and the Origins of the Arab-Israeli Conflict 1891-1949
- 2017-12-28[PDF] The Arab-Israeli Wars, The Chinese Civil War and the Korean War (The West Point Military History Series)
- 2017-11-28[PDF] The Domestic Battleground: Canada and the Arab-Israeli Conflict
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Year Zero of the Arab-Israeli Conflict 1929 (The Schusterman Series in Israel Studies)
- 2017-10-13[PDF] The UN and the Arab-Israeli Conflict: American Hegemony and UN Intervention since 1947 (Routledge Studies in Middle Eastern Politics)
- 2017-10-07[PDF] The Routledge Atlas of the Arab-Israeli Conflict (Routledge Historical Atlases)
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Psychological Warfare in the Arab-Israeli Conflict - Removed
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Israel's Colonial Project in Palestine: Brutal Pursuit (Routledge Studies on the Arab-Israeli Conflict)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Israel's Colonial Project in Palestine: Brutal Pursuit (Routledge Studies on the Arab-Israeli Conflict)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Routledge Atlas of the Arab-Israeli Conflict (Routledge Historical Atlases)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.